**Help- Ideas for First Birthday Cake?**

zebrastripes

Reaction score
As I am quite a good baker, I've decided to make Willow's birthday cake myself.
I'd like to make one as a "trial run" before her actual party.
I want it to be really special, a little bit different, but not too complicated.
Any ideas? Recipes, photos etc would be much appreciated.

Oooh - I'll be watching this thread!

I'm doing the same zeb - just hired a number 1 cake tin for 3 days at a grand cost of £3 (plus £10 deposit which you obviously get back) and planning a chocolate cake with pink butter icing and her name iced on. Would love a good recipe though. I did a trial run recently (in a normal round cake tin) of a chocolate cake from the BBC Good Food magazine website, but it didn't taste that good in my opinion.

Valentine Xxx

Oooh thanks so much emeraldsroses!

Valentine, I have lots of cake tins of different sizes so was thinking just do a couple of tiers then squidge them together :think: I have one of those little felt dolls from Myriad- they are about 3 inches high and hold a flower which blooms in the season the birthday is- this one holds a wild rose- and I'm going to put it on her cake every single birthday

:D My mum used to make the best birthday cakes!

We had a ginger bread house! :D if you google it you get loads of pics! then you could have your little felt doll in the door or garden.

Ermmmmm a train.....which was a swiss roll as the main bit with a square built at the back little round biscuts as wheels and a jamie dodger as a face!!!! then fill the back with dolly mix another one if you google you get a load of pics!

Oooooo then theres bunnie rabbits, or fairys orrrr just some really cute fairy cakes eeee I love cake! :) We wanna see pics when your done.

This was Seren's (her nickname is bee so we made a beehive). Not the best as I am no delia but I was dead proud as it was the first cake I had ever made :D

IMGP1801.jpg

That bee cake is awesome!!!

I think I'm just going to get a shop made Thomas cake :shhh:

That bee cake looks lovely :D

Good luck with all your baking ladies... your both braver than me :lol: :oops:

beanie that cake is fantastic!

Oooh I wonder could I make one in the shape of a willow tree? :lol:

beanie said:
This was Seren's (her nickname is bee so we made a beehive). Not the best as I am no delia but I was dead proud as it was the first cake I had ever made :D

IMGP1801.jpg

Wow that is brilliant :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back