Baby antibiotics and diohrea

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Jake isnt well at the moment with a chest infection. The doctor prescribed some banana flavour antibiotics which has an awful smell (under the banana smell iykwim). He started them on monday and yesterday he started getting diorhea with the same awful under-smell. Does antibiotics give babies diorhea. Im trying to give him plenty of water as well as his normal feeds.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/diarrhoea/

It says in this link that antibiotics can cause diarrhoea. It might be worth giving you Doctor a call tomorrow though if it carries on just to check. When Jake had antibiotics he came out in a bad rash and it turns out that he is alergic to Erythromycin (not sure if that's what your Jake is on) so just watch out for a rash and if he gets one stop giving it to him. He also had diarrhoea but that started before he had the antibiotics so i'm not sure if he would have got it if not.

Tom's had the same banana antibiotic when he had a chest infection. It DEFINITELY makes your wee smell. I remember having it when I was a child and it always made my wee smell!
Tom also got diarrheoa from the antibiotics. I think it's fairly normal, but you need to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated.
Hope he is better soon.
Lucyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back