Helooo, just a few questions! :)

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
Hiya I have a couple of questions as I have a brain like a sive and can't really remember how you go about all this lol

.When do I first book in with the midwife?
.When do i start taking vitimin tablets?
.is there anything i shouldnt be doing/eating?
.is it ok to have sex?
.is it normal to feel a few twinges down below and in my belly?

Hi Hun and welcome :wave:
Firstly I went to docs when I was a week late, he then gave me the midwife details and I'm booked in for when I'm 8 weeks :)
You should start taking folic acid NOW, it's totally your choice if you take a pregnancy specific vitamin.
As for food keep away from pate, ripened or blue cheese, don't eat to much tuna, home made Mayo, ice-cream from the ice-cream man, soft eggs. Check out the nhs website for more
You can have sex, it is safe however I'm personally not until after 12 weeks :)
Twinned, cramps, wind, aches yup all normal lol

Good luck Hun and wishing you a happy and healthy nine months xx

ahh I ate pate yesterday on toast and just had a tuna sandwich lol is that ok?
And okay, Im going to the doctor tomorrow about quitting smoking so i will ask him then about my widewife.
well m sex drive is compleatly zilch right now anyway so thats okay, id be a bit worried it would hurt the baby and im already fraking out about having a miscarriage.
Thank you for your reply :)

Your allowed about 1 big tin of tuna per week but no more than that so you will be fine :) x

Hiya I have a couple of questions as I have a brain like a sive and can't really remember how you go about all this lol

.When do I first book in with the midwife? as soon as you have a pregnancy test go in and fill out a form they then call you and book you in to see midwife for booking appoint (or at least thats how it works here) but you have to ring and book your own scan here.
.When do i start taking vitimin tablets? ASAP the sooner the better the most important is folic acid for first 12 weeks, but some people take additional vitamins or an all in one like pregnecare,
.is there anything i shouldnt be doing/eating? anything you may risk falling and hurting you or baby, lifting heavy objects, getting stressed, blue veined cheese unpasturised milk, brie, marlin, shark,too much tuna, pate,nuts if already allergy history in family,alcohol and caffine needs to be reduced to 200mg a day
.is it ok to have sex?yes unless advised otherwise by a midwife or if when having sex you bleed after
.is it normal to feel a few twinges down below and in my belly?
absolutly normal.
now the fun bit huge congratulations look froward to hearing all about your progress welcome to tri 1!! xx

Hi Hun and welcome :wave:
Firstly I went to docs when I was a week late, he then gave me the midwife details and I'm booked in for when I'm 8 weeks :)
You should start taking folic acid NOW, it's totally your choice if you take a pregnancy specific vitamin.
As for food keep away from pate, ripened or blue cheese, don't eat to much tuna, home made Mayo, ice-cream from the ice-cream man, soft eggs. Check out the nhs website for more
You can have sex, it is safe however I'm personally not until after 12 weeks :)
Twinned, cramps, wind, aches yup all normal lol

Good luck Hun and wishing you a happy and healthy nine months xx

why not ice cream from ice cream van?

Some ice cream is made with raw eggs so that's why it is best to avoid it xx

Apparently it's something to do with the machine being high risk for food poisoning. I don't think it's any more high risk then runny eggs normally but obviously we gotta be extra careful x x

Congrats ! I phoned my GP to ask when I should make appointment to see whoever I need to see, she asked how far I was and she booked me in for next Tuesday. I think different GP's do it differently as my sister didn't see her midwife till she was 10 weeks.

There is a website, I had a check, think its on the nhs website and it lists things you should'nt eat and things you should eat extra of like fruit and veg.
Congrats again ! :)

Welcome to tri one lily, how old is poppy now ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back