HELLP syndrome!

charlene09

Reaction score
Just been reading something on the internet about HELLP syndrome and OMG I am so scared!!!!
symptoms of this are:
Pain between the shoulder blades.
Chest pain that feels like constant heartburn/indegestion.
Migraines.
Vomiting.

Now out of them 4 symptoms I have a whole THREE!!! I have gone and scared myself so bad, don't know what to do as it only occurs in 1-2 out of 1,000 pregnancies.
Don't want to mither my doctor as i think he hates me as I am such a worrier

How many weeks are you Hun?

It's very difficult as most of those symptoms can be simple symptoms of pregnancy eg heartburn, vomiting and migranes/headaches.

If you have extreme chestpain though I would probably get it checked out. It's a rare condition and in four years of training and working as a midwife I have only seen one case. I know the Internet can be very helpful but it can also be evil and cause alot of worry. But please if you feel very unwell maybe Getting checked out is good idea?? Xx

So sorry to hear that, and so impressed you are doing something about it and raising awareness to many women out there. This could help many women! Will ensure all my collegues are aware of how early you experienced it so they never overlook anything obvious!

Yeah, I keep getting blurred vision aswell, which I don't know if that has anything to do with it but thought I would mention it, I was at the mw tuesday and she checked my urine and there was no traces of protein what she mentioned anyway.

Well I went to a annd e today and they done my BP and heart rate heart rate was high so I had a ECG done and that was okay, my vision is normal apparently my headaches are normal and protein in my wee is nornal so what can I say???? My hospital are SHIT!!!!

I think ur just trying to find things to worry about and working urself up.
If all ur tests were normal, ur fine!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

but when I phoned maternity unit they said to go and see my GP after coming out of a and e and yes im worrying because I feel unwell all the time, I dont want to stay at home because I know something is wrong but what can I do if no one will see me?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back