slap cheek syndrome

bex

Reaction score
Can anyone help?! I've just found out my nephew has slapped cheek syndrome and I have been in close contact with him. I have just read that women in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy should avoid all contact and I am 18 weeks on Monday. Have no symptoms now but have had a very sore throat for 2 days, 2 days ago and was feeling much more tired than normal... I'm now very scared and can't get hold of my midwife, I have rung the nhs direct but they have said it will take a few hours to come back to me. Has anyone else heard of this?

Hello, I just read on a site that if you are in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy and you have been in contact with anyone who has slap cheek syndrome to contact your doctor as you will need to be monitered to check everything is alright with you and baby and to check that you are immune to this virus.

Contact the NHS Direct now sweetheart and tell them that you are very worried.
I had never heard of this before until your thread. Ring them straight back and tell them your concerns.

Let me know how you get on. All my love Jacqui. x x x x

Thanks for your reply. I have spoken to the midwife dep at local hospital and they have just said for me to call doctors on Tuesday to arrange blood test... so guess I have to wait till then. Will also wait to see what NHS direct say when they call me back. Trying hard not to worry too much but easier said than done!

I do know my other nephew had it a few years ago so am praying that I picked it up then which should mean that I am now immune to it.... fingers crossed!

Yes Bex thats what I was thinking before, that if you had been in contact before with someone, means you could be immune to it. Oh I do hope you are hun. If the hospital have said go to the doctors on Tuesday then there is no real concern on there part. I know its difficult for us all to wait, but if you do become unwell even more than you are now, then I would demand someone to come and see you or go to the hospital yourself.

Take care and I pray tuesday will come quickly for you.

Love jacqui. x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back