hello :)

swmealin

Reaction score
hi, i am new to hear, and hoping to find a support network and for people to talk with.

i have just found out that i am approx 4 weeks pregnant, it was little unplanning and makes my due date what was to be my wedding day next year!
i don't want to tell people i'm pregnant yet but finding it so hard when i ned to rearragne my wedding and don't want to lie, we've rebooked the venue for christmas next year so that we have an xmas wedding.
how can i avoid al the questions?? i've also booked out works xmas party next weekend and i love to drink, now i can't but how can i avoid all the " you aren't pregnant are you" jokes??

Xmas do:

you could say you were out the night before and still suffering
you could have plans for the next day and need to drive
keep a glass of wine with you but don't drink from it and by mingling, people will not notice it doesn't run dry
make white-wine sprtizer your drink for the night and switch for fizzy apple juice or lemonade or something that looks similar or if you're a spirits person just drink the mixer and not the alcohol

ah thanks hun xxx great idea! i love lemonade too!!
hope you are well x

hello :wave: welcome to the forum and many congratulations :cheer:

you could just tell people you've found the most amazing dress that you just have to have but it's for a winter wedding so you've decided to change the date!!
as for the xmas do, just tell people you've got to drive or you're on anti-biotics and can't drink. I'm sure they won't make too big a fuss of it.

take care xx :hug:

Congratz on being pregnant, you will be due about the same time as me :D

With the wedding you could tell people you have decided on a winter wedding because of how unpradictable and bad our summers seem to be these days, that way you wont be dissapointed by bad weather. As for the works xmas do, drink something mixed with lemonade or coke that way you can switch after your first drink and no one will notice, or use the got to drive first thing in the morning excuse.

Congratulations!

In regards to tellin people - I think I had the worlds worst bout of cystitis for a few weeks haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back