Hello. Older first time Mum-To-Be!!

sandrah71

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm Sandy and 44 (45 next month) and married to Mike (53).
I'm also a step-mum to 3 (18, 24, 26) and step-gran to 4 (6, 4, 2 and newborn).

I only found out I'm expecting at the start of the month, as thought it was the menopause: faint, hormonal, tired, mood swings. My periods had also stopped, although never regular cycle. We were also still having sex OK. I did put on a little bit of weight, but not much and I wasn't feeling any kicks. I also had slight backache, but just ignored that.

So I went to the doctor and explained it was a waste of time, as I knew it was the menopause. She said I did look a little tired. Blood tests were taken which came back clear a few days later, but the doctor wanted to see me again. She said that it wasn't the menopause, as my HCG levels indicated that I was pregnant. I asked if she was sure and hadn't made a mistake...

Fast forward a week, when I was looking at a screen, staring in disbelief at our baby!. Not only was I pregnant, but 6.5 months along!! I was told that I had no bump or felt kicks as baby was lying towards my back. So the backache was kicking.

Now getting a bump and feeling kicks at 31 weeks.

I'm due around 25 October and so happy as never thought I'd be a Mum.

Also slightly nervous, scared so hope the people on here can ease my fears.

Last edited:
Congratulations! How fantastic to read such an exciting story, welcome to the forum :)

Wow, luckily you went to the doctors!
Congratulations. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back