Hello Ladies!!

Georgina

Reaction score
Hello there ladies!!

Thought I'd join this, its nice to see others are feeling same things as me, doesnt make me worry as much!!

First baby and I have my first docs app tomorrow, not exactly sure on what to expect or what they will say/do! I think I am in week 5... so far so good, experiencing a bit of cramping, some lower back pain and feeling very tired but as I have read this seems to be normal though I will ask the doc tomorrow!

G x

Hi hunny, congratulations and welcome to tri-1 x x

Hey, and welcome! Congratulations on your pregnancy, hope you have a great 9 months and more!

Welcome to PF and tri1, I'm 5 weeks as well and what you are describing sounds just like me, totally normal!!! :)

Good Morning Ladies,

I had my first docs app this morning and to be honest I came away feeling a bit let down - We have been soo happy since we found out and I know the doc is just telling me all the facts but I felt a little bit sad after leaving this morning as she sort of made me feel like there is a chance of a miscarriage and I shouldnt tell anyone... a bit late for that as we have told our family... in which case if anything does goes wrong at least they are aware of the situation... but she did make me feel sad, I dont know if its just hormones I dont know!!???
G x

It's common for people to wait until their second trimester before they tell anyone and that is usually because of the (relatively) high chance of things going wrong early on (and that they don't want to have to tell people that they had a miscarriage). However on the flip side what you have done is perfectly fine as you think it would be beneficial for them to know so they could support you if anything went wrong.

People tend to do their own thing and there are many ladies here who told people straight away and of course there is no guarantee that anything will go wrong, chances are everything will be fine. Your doctor was probably just being cautious which is the correct approach at this stage. When I went to my doc he was the same hun, trying to keep a lid on my emotions. I haven't told anyone yet but I'm bursting to tell someone!

So try not to worry about anything hunny, and just pray that your little bean sticks! :) xxx

Last edited:
Congratulations and welcome! my 1st doctors appointment felt totally pointless to me - hoping the booking in appointment is better!

hi I'm new on here today too !! congrats i'm about 5 weeks too and havent even bothered seeing my GP just booked a midwife appiontment as with my last 2 Dr just said congrats and book in with midwife !!! I have also told most people as i suffer with SPD with is basicly painfull loose pelvis so I have to be carefull at work. u will feel better once u have sen midwife. good luck anyway hun xxxx

Thank you so much! Its nice to know others feel the same!!
Just felt a bit down after as we are so excited and it seemed she was putting a downer on it, though I do know shes just being realistic!

I hope everything goes ok!! xx

Hi Georgina,

I've not long been on here myself......am 6weeks 6 days today and when I first went to see the doc she was really nice and congratulated me...... but I guess that some doctors feel they have to keep you aware of the facts- try not to let it put a dampner on your joy! I think it's a completely personal choice on when you tell so don't feel like you've done the wrong thing. There is so much negativity and sadness in the world- spreading some joy is a great way to combat that and put a smile on the faces on those you love :)

Good luck with the pregnancy xxx

Hi and welcome Georgina and Lewisca! Hope you have healthy pregnancies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back