Hello-I'm new!

Ju

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm 20 weeks pregnant with my first baby and quite excited. I've got food poisoning at the mo, and had to go to hospital yesterday to have a drip :(

Does anyone know if this bout of food poisoning will affect baby?

I would really appreciate any replies and I look forward to hearing from you.

Ju x

Hiya welcome to the forum and congratulations on your pregnancy! Sorry i dont know anything about food poisoning and how it might affect the baby, hope you feel better soon and that everythings ok! C u around x x x x :wink:

Hi Ju, :wave:

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your pg! Sorry can't hep you with the food poisoning bit, but wanted to say hello!

If your really worried then NHS direct can advise you to put your mind at rest, however, if you've been in hosp anyway with it then they would have told you if there was anything to worry about.

Hope the rest of you pg is happy and healthy.

Em

welcome to the forum and no i dont no anything about food poisioning take care xxxxxx

Hello Ju :wave:

Welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on your pregnancy.....wow half way thru!!

Sorry to hear you have been unwell, food posioning is nasty......but on a good note it should have no effect on your baby at all, the placenta has anti bodies in it to lessen effects of any harmful things we put in our bodies from tablets to food poisoning! But you can always check with your MW to put your mind at ease, did the hospital not tell you anything yesterday?! They wouldn't have sent you home if there was any doubt hun!

Take care & hope you feel better soon, and enjoy a healthy & happy pregnancy :hug: xx

Hi hun welcome to the forum,hope you feel better soon :D xx

:wave: hiya welcome
Hope you have an eventful free pregnancy from now on

Thanks to everyone for all your replies they were all really appreciated. I feel much better this evening and have even managed 2 glasses of water and some soup!

I'm really glad I've joined this forum-you all seem really nice and I look forward to reading and replying to some posts etc!

Ju xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back