hello from new member!

flowerpower

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a little hello to everyone. I have just joined this forum today - I was on another forum but gave up looking at it because I was getting a little sad every time I saw a new member pop up and get their BFPs in a few months. I was of course very happy for them but it was getting me down. This site is fab because you have a separate thread for BFP postings so i can avoid if i need to and dip in for some cheer when I like.

I am 36 and my OH is 38, we have been TTC'ing for a year now and running low on PMA at the moment. Had various tests etc, just the lap and dye left for me. OH still to do his test! I will start cracking the whip soon!

Hope everyone is having a good day/month/cycle and the sunshine is keeping everyone smiling through our TTC ordeals!

:wave:

Jo
xx

Heya! Im new too, but quickly found this place to be great (and very useful) I like the seperate bits too
good luck with your journey x

Its annoying that your OH hasn't done his test when its so much easier and pain free than your lap and dye. If he did it you might not even need any tests.

Mine dragged his heels last year and I spent months seething and trying not to nag him about it. I'd asked him pleasantly a couple of times when he was going to do it but he took no notice so one day I told him I was upset that he was delaying us! He got really annoyed and said "you don't mention it for weeks then suddenly out of nowhere announce that you are upset!" He'd obviously forgotten the previous reminders! Anyway he sulked for an hour and then apologised and then did the test the following week.

Its a really big thing for them, they are terrified that there will be a problem. Most men's virility is proved by having a child instead of having to go through all this. My OH was quite smug when the results were good!

I really hope your OH does his soon so that it can put your mind at rest. :flower:

Hi Flowerpower!! Welcome and good luck!!

M x

Thank you Blue flower - yours is cool too! I have finally booked OH in for his test. After my last appointment with the gynae he had his form and his pot and an exclamation from the doctor that he hadn't done it by now. But he sat on it for ages and when he finally rang up to book because I asked him for the hundredth time he couldn't get an appointment until after my lap and dye. I wanted to discuss all the results on my last test day so have booked him in for a private test at his expense! But I know it's a major thing for blokes - you're absolutely right blue flower men usually prove their manliness by getting their partners pregnant. I think I forget that every time another friend announces their pregnancy (and there has been a lot recently) not only do I get upset and depressed but it's a massive blow to his ego too! Men - they're just as complicated as us!
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back