• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hello from an excited, scared, emotional, happy newbie

E&AsMiracle

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I have just started TTC (see I am learning the lingo already!). We have been married a year and a half and are so ready!! Took my IUD out last Wednesday which happens to coincide with ovulating (I think..still trying to get my head round it all).

I am very very excited, can't wait to be pregnant and a mum, am ecstatically happy to be starring this journey and also have a few worries, so can't wait to talk to you all.

xxx

Found you again already! It is exciting isnt it! Cant seem to stop looking at a million websites online right now. I think it is because i am ovulating in a couple of days and my hormones are getting a bit desperate. What are your worries? Mine are being so old and maybe having left it too late, we will just have to see I spose. Starfish x

welcome to the forum hun! good luck ttc - hope it happens very soon for you...
if you need any advice or support, you've definately come to the right place xxx

Hey, and welcome!

Good luck with it all, and this forum is great for asking questions, you probably never thought you would!

Fx for you :)
xxx

Hi hun and welcome to the forum!Looking forward to following you TTC journey xxx

Hey starfish. I am the same with the websites too! I just bought an amazing book which I read whenever I get the opportunity. My husband just keeps rolling his eyes but is not to upset at all the trying we are doing lol!

I just have little niggling worries sometimes. Things like how long it might take to conceive, or making sure I am not eating the wrong things and how that could affect getting pregnant. Also, what are you doing about alcohol? I have a wedding and a hen do next weekend and I am wondering if I should abstain. What do you think?

I have my birthday and a wedding next week, so I now what you mean about the whole 'no alcohol' thing! Problem is, if I dont drink (which will be unusual for me, esp on my birthday!), then people will assume im pregnant anyway! Think I may have a couple, then sneakily change to lemonade, and just tell people it has vodka in it, lol!
x

Oh my gosh! What a great week you have coming up. Happy birthday in advance and congrats on the wedding! I think you alcohol plan sounds good. Are you all ready for the wedding? xx

Thanks Rosie's mum! Can't help but pray and wish that it happens straight away....But no pressure, what will be will be

Hello and welcome. Starfish how old are you? Im 37 does that make you feel better? :->

Hi E&Asmiracle
I know what you mean about the alcohol, i havent had a drink for 6weeks now, not that i drank that much before but we have been trying for 2 and a half years so i thought i might as well give being teetotal a go, although it is my birthday on 31st and if i dont get a BFP before then then i will be having a drink! (Geminiblue, im 37 in two weeks, its lovely to have someone your own age ttc to chat to, star fish too)!
Welcome to the site anyhoo, im a newbie too and i have found everyone so lovely and helpful on here, its like chatting to friends!

Sending lots of baby dust to everyone ttc!!
:dust:

What is the book?

I am enjoying libby purvis "How not to be a perfect mother". It's not about ttc though. It's a bit tempting fate and makes me want one so much, but it is funny and full of good advice for once I do get there.

starfish x

Also Geminiblue and misstinkerbell, I'm very glad you are both near my age! It makes me feel much much better. But at 38 I think i am the oldest person on here without children :-(

Hey my LO is just 17 mnths so youre not that far behind :-> good luck hun xxx

Also Geminiblue and misstinkerbell, I'm very glad you are both near my age! It makes me feel much much better. But at 38 I think i am the oldest person on here without children :-(

Well me you and Geminiblue (hey that rhymes :lol:) Can be the elders of the forum! We can pass on our knowledge and wisdom to all these young whippersnappers, i dont about you but im sure i have some stored up somewhere, just need to clear a few cobwebs first!! :oooo:
:dust:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back