Helium Gas?

Jaidy

Reaction score
Where can I get this from??

Its my 21st birthday party a week on Saturday and I need to get some for the balloons. I havent got a clue where I should even begin to look!!

I have heard its quite pricey too so want to get it from somewhere cheapish if possible (its only going to be sucked out of the balloons and used to talk like Mickey Mouse anyhow so why pay a fortune? lol)

If any one can help me out here, be much appreciated!

have you searched yell.com its should return something, usually though i think its cheaper to buy the balloons from a company that will blow them up for you

Have you got a card shop near you called "birthdays" if so they sell it in there! If not have a look in other card shops etc as they usually sell the big helium "happy birthday" balloons so therefore sell the helium to blow them up !!! :D

i have no idea.... can you not go to a card shop? clintons ect i no if you buy a ballon from there they fill it for you but not sure if you take your own ballons in?

are we invited to the party :D

ive seen it in the larger stores of woolworths, its a little helium disposable caister, one that does 30 balloons and one that does 50 think it might have been about 30 quid but you can also get them on the internet if you search google.

i brought a pack of balloon in to a clintons shop and the guy said he would blow them up for 25p per balloon. i had to carry them home in a big bin liners but it was worth it as it wasnt too expensive. :D

break into your local argos and there should be some lying around :rotfl: :rotfl:

Asda do them.... OH and I were thinking about buying it from there the other week. Think its 30 assorted coloured balloons and a tank of helium for around 29 quid :D

Ebay do them as we did our own for our wedding. The company we bought them from even threw in 30 balloons in the colour of my choice, and ribbon and boxes for the weights! :D If you ordered it now, they could deliver easily in time for your birthday. That's if you can't get to Asda like Violet has suggested as I know my local one does them.

Thanks everyone!

I have 40 balloons to blow up and they are 12inch balloons so tryin to find the most cost effective way of doing it, but im no good at maths.

The cheapest option at the moment looks like buying a disposable canister off the net!

My OH used to work for a balloon wholesaler, asked his advice for you...

For your amount of balloons, you would need a V sized balloon gas canister, BOC gas do them if they have a local supplier to you but its not cheap (£70)!! Do you have a balloon wholesaler in your Yellow Pages??? The company OH worked for used to deliver bottles of gas to customers...

Let us know how you get on xx

I hired a huge can for £50 for rebecca's christening. We filled loads of 16 inch heart balloons.

Try phoning round local card shops - or costume hire places they hire out cannisters. :wink:

JaidyBaby said:
Thanks everyone!

I have 40 balloons to blow up and they are 12inch balloons so tryin to find the most cost effective way of doing it, but im no good at maths.

The cheapest option at the moment looks like buying a disposable canister off the net!

If Clintons would blow them up for 25p each for you, that would cost you £10.00 babe - that might be worth a good look into - hope you have a wicked party!!

My OH is 30 on Sunday, we're not having a party or anything just a meal with a load of friends so luckily I don;t need to worry about it will just by him some balloons in ASDA and get them to do it I think :cheer:

Hiya :)
do you know if there is a *dive* shop near you? they do different gases and you should be able to get them to fill for you as a one off for pennies, helium is used for mixed gas deep diving and is not too expensive for the very little you would need, worth a try? :think: Enjoy the party, Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

Hi

Hope you figure it out soon and have a great birthday
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111