Heeeeeere's Stanley! Birth story and pics

Minxy

Reaction score
Hey all,

Stanley and I are finally home today after a week in hospital. It took us a couple of days to recover from delivery and Stanley has had bad jaundice which is now at an acceptable level after a few sunbed sessions!

We had a pretty rough labour, but to all those pregnant ladies reading I would like to say that although I was pretty traumatised at first, it's amazing how quick you start to get over these things, hormones really are wonderful!

I went in to be induced last Thursday. I was apprehensive as I'd shown NO signs whatsoever, and my cervix was still fully closed and posterior (scoring 0 on the measurement scale) so I didn't think it would be easy. The first Postyn pessary did nothing, but after the second I started contracting about 8pm that night, and managed them through the night into the following afternoon when they STOPPED! My cervix was STILL measuring 0 despite the quite considerable pains but the contractions were just not budging it.

I then waited 20 HOURS for a doctor to prescribe a 3rd postyn as midwifes don't have the authority (btw, the pain of labour is nothing compared to the frustration at waiting for doctors to do ANYTHING, they don't call you patients for nothing :roll: ) My contractions started very quickly and in earnest around midday on the Friday, but the cervix was slow to catch up and by 9pm I was still only 2cm dilated, not the 4cm required to go down to delivery. I really was in pain, but couldn't have gas and air on the ward. The only option was Pethidine, and I went for it. It was FAB! Just helped me zone out and lose a few of those long hours.

I really wanted to get downstairs though, and my moaning was upsetting so many of the other women ( I MAY have played it up a bit to get moving :twisted: ) I was taken down around 11, having been in active labour with a lazy cervix for 11 hours already by now.

I had some more Pethidine and loved the gas and air, made me feel a bit high (reminded me of my student days ladies, you know what I mean :wink: ). By the early hours I started to have strong bearing down, stage 2 type contractions and although I tried not to push, my body was spasming involuntary (bizaare sensation), causing Stanley to bang his head on a 5cm dilated cervix, and the cervix to swell.

It was then people started talking C-section and I BEGGED them to try anything but. I KNOW people have really positive section experiences but I SO didn't want an op. I was give an epidural to relax my body and give my cervix time to go down and dilate, but the doctor made it clear he wasn't a fan of this option.

It was a long wait then until MIDDAY Saturday when I was told I could push, but by then it was just too late. I was almost numb from the after effects of epidural and so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. If only I had those bearing down contractions now, but trying to push a baby out you can't feel is the hardest thing in the world :(

With 5 mins before I was wheeled out for a section, the doctor called for ventouse and cut me open with scissors from fanny to bum (sorry to be crude :puke: ) . The edge was taken off the pain but the feeling of blood running down my legs will stay with me for a while! With practically one leg on the edge of the bed, she pulled while I used the last of my strength to push, and Stanley finally came out (covered in his own poo and with a bump on his head!) at 1.33pm weighing 7 pound 2.

I was in shock for a good 24 hours and Stanley and I were dehydrated and IV'd for a while (and don't get me started on the stitches!). I didn't bond immediately and had to ask OH if he was sure that was our baby as he didn't look how I thought he would??!!

It took a day or two but now I'm completely obsessed. Over the moon to be home too. Sorry for the long tale but I know I always love a birth story and wanted to share. Here's a couple of pics of the little guy.....

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f45/L ... C00022.jpg

This was the first pic taken

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f45/L ... C00023.jpg

Laughing with daddy!

Many more to come when we get sorted Zoe xxxx

Oh he is gorgeous :D

well done

must admit i jumped a bit when first pic come up and it was just Stanleys eye!!!

Sorry! Really should learn how to re-size/rotate!

Stanley is adorable. Great birth story hun, sounds a bit like mine. Congratulations xxxxxxx

He is so cute hunnie, well done you, sorry you had such an traumatic time! xxx

Hiya Hun, huge congratulations - Stanley is such a handsome chap!! You must be so proud, and you did so well with that horrible labour. Enjoy sweetie, Em xx

Beautiful little boy

Sorry you had a bad time hun :hug:

Oh my :shock: Sounds awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stanley is the cutest thing ever!! I was giggling away when I opened the piccies, he looked so cute!!! Bless him

Hope the birth is soon a dim and distant memory, and wlll done you, you were a star xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awwwwwwwwwww, he is gorgeous hun. Bless his cottons. Im sorry you had such a tough time, at least you managed to avoid the section you really didnt want. WELL DONE xx

Well done, he looks lovely :D . He is really like your oh.
That sounds like some cut they done on you,hope its not too sore now. :(

Congratulations, Stanley's a little cutie! Well done :D

Stanley is adorable and doesn't he look like his Daddy, awww!

I am so sorry you had such a traumatic time but you sound so positive which is really nice to hear. I hope you are healing quickly and I can't wait to see more pics xx

Congratulations!

What a time you had, poor you. What a beautiful boy you have though :D

Awwww what brilliant pics, I the one with his dad, he's seems to be a happy little fellow - Stanley that is!
Sounds like it was quite a tramatic experience but glad the end result was all good. You take care of yourself hun and hope you're feeling almost fully recovered. :hug:

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a rough time of it.

CONGRATS!!!

He's beautiful, he looks like his daddy so much on the 2nd pic :D

Well Done!

well done zoe, i was on tenderhooks for days worrying about you!!
so glad all is ok, stanley is just beautiful :dance: :clap:

well done & congrats. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Stanley is beautiful hun! It sounds like you had a really bad time of it though :( I hope you are healing up well.

How gorgeous!!

I've not got bump envy anymore, i';ve now got abby envy, i want my LO here NOW!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back