Heartburn

kitty1987

Reaction score
I've started getting really bad heartburn every time I eat, it's ridiculous. Does anybody know any natural remedies to get rid of it?

Not sure of a cure/ remedy but i have just been counting down the days till i get it as my mum had it really bad with me and apparently it runs in the family during pregnancy...

no natural remedies soory. i get it really bad i take gaviscon :)

Ive got it really bad i dont even have to eat. It lasts all day. Actually thinking about going to the docs with it.

Ive got Gaviscon but it doesnt even touch it.

Milk was working but im drinking about 4-5 pints a day. It hasnt worked today.

No remedies but think ill go to doctors on Friday and ill let you know what she says

chickadee1976 said:
Hun milks actually no good for heartburn! It soothes it temporarily then causes the stomach to make more acid so makes it worse in the long run!
Rennies are ok to take as is Gaviscon! If they dont work like they didnt for me with Lucy, then try half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in about an inch of hot but drinkable water, mix well and down in one! Works a treat!! :D

lea m said:
chickadee1976 said:
Hun milks actually no good for heartburn! It soothes it temporarily then causes the stomach to make more acid so makes it worse in the long run!
Rennies are ok to take as is Gaviscon! If they dont work like they didnt for me with Lucy, then try half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in about an inch of hot but drinkable water, mix well and down in one! Works a treat!! :D

Ill try that tommorrow and let you knowwhat happens

chickadee1976 said:
lea m said:
chickadee1976 said:

Ill try that tommorrow and let you knowwhat happens
Ok hun! It makes you burp like a pig but its great!! :D heehee Oh and doesnt taste to nice thats why its best to down in one go!!

i just take gaviscon which sometimes helps but has'nt the last few days ive had it on and off now since saturday :(

I'm a Rennies girl. I was on a pack a day at the end of my last pregnancy and I've got it loads earlier this time round.

I find mints sometimes help (M&S used to do some crumbly type things, very minty but I could chew them rather than suck which gave a lot more relief). Luckily, I've only got a bit at night at the moment, and that seems to be only when I try to lie flat so can try and avoid it.

lea m said:
chickadee1976 said:

Ok i tried the Bicarb of soda, cant recommend it, totally worked for me .

Thanks Lea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back