Heartburn!!

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by JemRose, Nov 16, 2021.

1. JemRose

JemRose Well-Known Member

Hi

I've been TTC for the 2nd time for nearly 2 years now. I had a MC 18months ago with no symptoms.

I'm about 4 days from AF due and today I'm suffering horrendously with heartburn and acid reflux, plus really gassy and even little bit of sick in my mouth (acid??) . I have never had it before, no idea what it was first of all!

I know that people usually suffer late on in pregnancy with heartburn, but is it possible for early pregnancy too?

I have a short cycle, I'm about 8/9 DPO and CD 24.

No other symptoms, other than boobs are fuller than usual, tired (but then I have a 3 year old so life is always exhausting) and moody (but... Life).

Any experiences would be appreciated. Not looking to test anytime soon, but just can't deal with this heartburn and wondering if related!

2. WaterLilly

WaterLilly Well-Known Member

Acid reflux and heartburn was ALWAYS my first sign of pregnancy. I don't have it unless pregnant. In fact, I would get this symptom before a positive test. So yes, it can totally happen in early pregnancy.

Wishing you all the luck! :)

JemRose likes this.
  3. JemRose

Thank you for that little bit of hope! I've honestly never experienced it before and still there today. Will be keeping my fingers crossed and update either way x

4. JemRose

I got my BFP this morning on FRER!, :)

WaterLilly and MysticKitten like this.
  5. MysticKitten

MysticKitten Well-Known Member

Heartburn can be awful.. it made me sicker than nausea alone. Tums are your friend, and eating bland foods frequently. Also try to sleep propped up :)

6. WaterLilly

WaterLilly Well-Known Member

YAY! Congrats! Seems the acid reflux was your sign as well! Here's hoping for a H&H 9 months! :)