• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heart Rate Theory

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the heart rate theory? if your babys heart rate is slower its a boy and if its faster its a girl. Is this true or is it an old wives tale? x x

I googled this when pregnant as charley's was slower than lacey's and it was right for us! His was always around 140bpm whereas lacey's was always around 155bpm x x

we got another topic on this but one woman mentioned that depends if your baby is morning around alot the more she/he moves the faster the heart beat if baby is chilling in one spot the lower heart rate and so on x

Thanks hunny :) Babys hb was 154 yesterday, which the mw said it was quite fast as they normal range between 110 and 160. I cant wait for my early sexing scan to see if its true :) x x

i wud love to think its true u dont know... my sister had a boy and his heart rate was below 140 and when she preg with girl it was above 150, i had two boys but i never remeber heart rate but when she showed me my babies heart rate ova day it was 156 x

I wondered about this too but does it get slower the further on you are? My babys hb was 167!

Ethans was about 140 or slightly lower and this time seems to be 150 or just over - maybe a girl this time??!

I'm having a gender scan at 16 weeks too M2A on 14th May, can't wait!!!

With my first DD my midwife was convinced that I was having a boy due to the heart rate and thought the 3 scans that had confirmed I was having a girl was wrong, obviously they weren't. But I have a low heart rate (just below 60 when not pregnant) so maybe it's got a bit to do with genetics too, but never had a boy so can't compare iykwim. xx

My boy's was always round the 140 mark. My Sis and cousin had girls at the same time and theirs was always around 160.

Maybe do a poll in the ask a mum section?

Well I've been told I'm having a girl at the 4D scan, her HB hasn't been any higher than 144bpm. So I'm hoping the theory is wrong :oooo:

The sonographer was very sure at the scan that it was a girl........I have no idea what I would do if I had a boy now :lol:

M2A I think you're having a girl!

x

I posted this question last week when I heard baby's heartbeat for first time. It was 150+, can't remember exactly, but had it done twice on two different days and it was the same 150+
I told this old wives tale to the OH and he got excited because he wants a girl, but I'm convinced it's a little boy. Not sure why though xx

By the sounds of it the theory works for some people and not for others. Guess we will just have to wait and see :)
Your not the only one that has said im having a little girl Pinkymum :) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back