Heart Murmur?

teampc

Reaction score
Hey girlies

I posted this thread the other day cus I was feeling a bit iffy

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/pregnancy-chat/190212-oh-i-dont-feel-good.html

anyway, the docs have said that I have a heart murmur, he said it can be quite common in pregnancy, but that mine is quite loud, so he is talking to a consultant to see if I should have a scan done to check it. He has also booked me in for some extra blood tests next week

basically I just wondered if anyone else had an experience of this? he said its quite common in pregnancy but I have never heard about it before, so just thought it would be good to get some info

I am not a fan of googling medical things as I find it usually just causes fear lol

well my mum had one through pregnancy and has a life murmur......from what i can gather basically every few heart beats your heart either does an extra beat or skips one??? (please someone correct me if its no the case entirely). Like i said my mums always had one and as far as im aware it never affected her pregnancies.....as far as im aware its just an added something to be aware of, as occasionally she can feel her heart beating or can lose breath easily as the blood isn't being pumped in aregular rythym. Hopefully its nothing serious but its better to be aware of it....hope that helps a little bit!?x
xx

asfar as i read if you have no pre-existing heart problems you WILL be fine and its just a procedure?!
xx

cheers hun

I dont have any history of any other heart problems, so doc said it should be fine, he just said it seemed loud so might need looking at

I guess at least it explains why I get my funny turns now lol

yeah it may well mean you need to make sure you have a really easy pregnancy in terms of work/being over strenuous etc.....it should be nothing spesh if it hasnt been picked up before?? hope its all ok?! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back