Heart jumping in chest?

willowwisp

Reaction score
DH is insisting I see GP today, but has anyone had anything like this?

I feel like my heart is jumping around in my chest and all my muscles feel like they are vibrating, DH says I look flushed and if you touch me you can feel I'm trembling slightly.

I've also been suffering wooziness, not like feeling a bit faint and ok 20 minutes later, like nothing (food, water, rest, position) touches it, need help to get up to wee, still too woozy to move 12 hours later type wooziness.

I ended up in a right mess last night, mega woozy, heart jumping, shaking quite badly and felt seriously nauseous! DH wanted to take me to A&E, when I said I actually didn't feel well enough to move he wanted to call a doctor, managed to put him off as feel a bit daft.

Any of this usual? Been reading pregnancy bible, know wooziness is common but they make it sound like it passes and we've tried all their suggestions to no avail, can't find jumping heart in there at all?

So you suffer anxiety?
I've had dizziness and fainty feelings this and my other pregnancies.
I've also suffered some unbelievable palpitations. They were so bad and lasted so long that I had to go to bed to get away from them.
If you are worried though maybe you should see your GP xx

No anxiety no, i never have done either.

My pulse is through the roof and I've got irritating coloured dots in my vision.

I didn't sleep a wink last night, my whole body is buzzing and if I try and lie down I feel like I'm fitting I start to tremble so much.

Doctors at 4:20 this afternoon to stop DH from panicking!

We increase our cardiac output in pregnancy as we need to increase blood flow to the uterus for the baby. This often causes a raised pulse (I would expect 90-110 at rest, rather than 160 though, you don't say what yours was). This goes hand in hand with low BP, which causes dizziness and temporary vision changes. Palpitations due to the hormones changes are common in pregnancy.

Don't worry too much, but I would definitely get it checked out xx

Thanks girls, I'm sure it's nothing. My usual resting pulse is 38bpm, so very very low, and DH took it earlier at 100, so at 2.5 times normal it's no wonder I feel like its racing! The trembling is not getting better either, but the nausea has gone and my wooziness is slightly better this morning so I am starting to feel a bit better. I'll probably feel fine by the time I get to the doctors!

sounds very much like ur having panic attacks i think u should go to ur gp yes and he can check ur bp and eevrything better to be sure hope ur feeling better real soon xx

Thanks JoJo

I'm not in any pain and I don't feel panicked or anxious at all, just lousy. I think DH is more worried than I am.

The closest thing I've ever had to a panic attack was about 10-11 years ago. I did an emergency stop in my car from speed and two days later I couldn't breath for the pain in my chest. I was taken into hospital and had a scan, I had severely bruised intercostal muscles from the seat belt, apparently it can take 48 hours for this type of bruising to come out fully, and they said I had a 'pain induced panic attack' and after some strong NSAIDs I felt totally fine.

I'm probably being really wimpy and pathetic! Still, on the plus side I've been stationed out in the garden on the swing chair, I've been brought a selection of food, water and my lap top and DH is running around doing all the house hold chores. Every cloud has a sliver lining and all that!

haha awww nice to be weighted on aint it hehe i realy dont knoww at it could be then cos it does sound like palps wander if its ur bp if it continues take urself to see ur gp xx

Been to doctors, had ECG, heart rhythm normal but heart rate all over the shop, up and down like a yo-yo. Doctor says my biochemistry isn't keeping up with hormonal and circulatory changes hence my plunging then soring heart rate. She thinks ithat a combination of my size, diet and an existing medical condition is preventing things from stabilising properly.
I'm signed on bed rest, been prescribed a nausea/vertigo treatment. Yet another blood test, this time to check calcium levels, and a smug 'I told you this wasn't normal' DH is just picking up prescription now. He's on strict instructions to take me to a&e for another ECG if I get as bad as last night again.

ahh im glad u got seen to and do as told and rest and i hope it all settles down soon for u take care xxxx

Been to doctors, had ECG, heart rhythm normal but heart rate all over the shop, up and down like a yo-yo. Doctor says my biochemistry isn't keeping up with hormonal and circulatory changes hence my plunging then soring heart rate. She thinks ithat a combination of my size, diet and an existing medical condition is preventing things from stabilising properly.
I'm signed on bed rest, been prescribed a nausea/vertigo treatment. Yet another blood test, this time to check calcium levels, and a smug 'I told you this wasn't normal' DH is just picking up prescription now. He's on strict instructions to take me to a&e for another ECG if I get as bad as last night again.

Wow, hope the treatment helps you to feel better soon. Make sure you rest hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back