• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Health visitors!!!

michelle82

Reaction score
Well we moved earlier this year from one area of peterborough to another our post was redirected and one day I rec'd a ltr from the old health visitors about matthews 8 month check (he was only 7months at the time!) So i rang them told them i had moved, so they said they would pass on matthews file to the health visitors in my area.

Well 2 months pass I hear nothing so mum got matthew weighed at the clinic that should be doing the check and they didnt have him down on the list! So they added his name but still took a few weeks to get a letter also bear in mind mum told them I could only do mondays or fridays as I work so they book it for tuesday! good job i happened to have that week off!

So anyway the lady (nursery nurse) comes out and is happy with him and his progress but apparently she knows nothing about us as the other clinic still hadnt sent his file over! She said at the time, that she would get the HV to contact me to introduce herself and let me know what goes on in the local area. Fine whatever I'm not fussed, so 4 weeks pass I hear nothing surprise surprise! When Thursday I get home there is a note from the nursery nurse asking me to call her asap. Which is fine our phone line had been playing up so assumed they wanted to make an appointment. Anyway Friday morning she popped over on the off chance that i might be in then starts quizzing me about had I been to the clinic since seeing her?

Well no as I work tuesday and dont see the need to be in there all the time as matthew is nearly 11 months and has no issues and his weight is fine but I was going to take him in my week off before xmas. So she starts asking have I seen Sally the HV since I spoke to her, nope why? Oh I cant divulge too much I am just gathering evidence! WTF do you mean you cant divulge too much (At this point I blow my top) DOnt knock on my door start quizzing me about me and my child and say you cant divulge too much you better tell me what is going on.

Well after me being paranoid that someone thinks I am a bad mother, it turns out that after the 8 month check the HV was asked to do the transfer of matthews file and come and see us. She told them that I had been into the clinic and spoke to her there! I made the point one I work on Tuesdays and work would be able to confirm and two if I had been at clinic it would be on their records and in matthews red book.

The nursery nurse said she was now getting 2 different stories and was not investigating me but a member of staff so I get the impression this HV cant be arsed to do her job has been lying to them and obviously has been fiddling with peoples files to back up her lies and I am guessing someones realised this and are now looking into it. God help her if she is at work next week when I go in and I find there is things on his records that arent the truth! I cant believe it though when you get a quizzing and then get told they cant divulge too much making me feel like a bad parent then it turns out that its the HV thats being looked into not me.. Why couldnt she have said that before quizzing me! I might not have ranted at her then.

So anyway rant over would appear the HV is dodgy and up to no good, I feel sorry for the other people she may not have bothered with, what if they are struggling or need help? or what if there is some dodgy parent out there and the child is suffering but she cant be bothered so they just get neglected.. Bloody woman hope she gets the sack. I will also be asking to see his records as I want to know she hasnt but a guess of his weight etc down for this supposed visit I made

:shock: thats appalling! i would have reacted like you i think - it did sound like she was investigating you :roll: should have made herself clear.

well at least she has been caught out now - as you said someone could have really needed her support maybe a mum who had pnd & could have been wanting her to call on them but too afraid to chase up the appoinment themselves. hope she's proud of herself :evil:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That MW should be struck off the register for falsifying records thats really bad!!!!!!!!

Seems like HV are crap all over the world. They suck here in Hungary too hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariyadavis
Back