Health Visitor?

Rachel

Reaction score
I got a letter this morning off my health visitor asking me to phone her to make an appointment so she can see me before the baby is born :?

Why do I need to see her before he's born? Did any of you have to see your health visitor before your baby was born? What will she do anyway?

Thanks in advance :)

I didn't see mine till after and my MW signed me off and over to her. And that was only when I was happy for my MW to do so.

Some people find their HV likes to get in touch before hand and say hello. I'd not worry overly. Go with it, meet her and see what she has to say :)

yes i saw mine while i was pg just to see if there was anything she could help with, benifits and things an just to see if i had any worries, mine was brilliant and she gave mt the red baby book too

Thanks :) I've just phoned now to make my appointment but my health visitir wasn't there so she took my details and said someone would contact me in the next couple of weeks.

I didn't see mine til MW signed me off. I got my red baby book in hospital when discharged.
I don't find mine overly helpful either.

i didnt see my HV till after Caitlyn was born but i hope you like your HV aqnd it goes well for you,

I got a phonecall from my HV two days ago to arrange a meeting for next week. She just said that she likes to meet the mums to be before bubs is here as it makes it easier when she takes over care. Plus she says she is bringing round baby's red book and other things I'll need. How exciting!!!! x

Apparently it is now considered 'best practice' for them to meet you beforehand so you know them and them you. Just a PR thing really! In reality most health authorities can't stretch to this!

i didnt see my health visitor until after i'd been signed off by the midwife- about 10-14 days after i gave birth!

Thanks for the replies :)

I don't see the point in meeting her before the baby is born tbh because I already know her because she's also Nathans HV :? Ah well, I'll just see what she has to say when I get my appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back