Health Visitor

Nicola

Reaction score
Well out of the blue I've just had a visit from my health visitor!! The doorbell rang and there she was!! Evidently she has the wrong phone number for me but anyway all up to date now.

It was nice to meet with her before the birth, she's given me my child record book (tests, illnesses, weights, vaccination records etc) and some leaflets to read on the hearing test they do and other bits and pieces.

Has anyone else had the health visitor drop by and introduce themselves before the birth? I thought it was really nice to meet her actually, I'll see her again roughly 10 days after the birth.

I know some people grumble about the NHS type care they have recieved through their pregnancy, antenatal appointments and what not but honestly I have to say it's been great down here, really has been outstanding (so far!!).

My HV came to see me athome when i was about 5 months gone. It turns out she is one of my autnties really good friends, has worked with my mum, lives a couple of doors up from my mum and i went to school with her son ( funny considering i live about 20 miles away from her). She is the nicest woman ever,so friendly and really helpful. plus whenever she sees my mum she always tells her how beautiful Evie is which is a bonus. lol shes always encouraging me to have more children because she loves Evie so much :lol: .
i think your right nicola, loads of peopl complain about the NHS all the time as a lot of the workers arnt very helpful or kind but every so often you get a real gem of a care worker and it makes you appreciate them an awful lot more. :D

I can't complain about the care I've had from the NHS throughout this pregnancy but I do worry what will happen after the baby is born.

My "Community Midwife" has been on holiday more than she's been in surgery and I think the quicker LO and I get onto the HV's books the better. :think:

My last HV was a lovely lady, really helpful and friendly, she even remembered me and my DS many years later when we bumped into her out shopping.

It's great that you seem to have a proactive HV Nicola. If you get a good relationship going with her that will be really nice for both of you.

:hug:

That was a nice surprise, and really good that you got on well with her. I'm not sure when I'll see my HV, I guess they'll let me know about that later on. I'm also really pleased about the level of care I've received so far - even though there was an anxious moment when I had the amnio done. I make sure I tell them they done a good job because they only really get the bad feedback and it's a really difficult and pressurised job they do x

That's really nice Nicola - I've not had any visit but then again I am a week behind you and at work so it'd be a wasted visit. :D

OMG I'm so glad you started this thread because I have to see the health visitor at 3!!! I totally forgot about it. Oh sugar look at the time I had better go then :shock:

Does everyone get to meet their HV before the birth?
What a nice surprise Nicola!, it's really good to hear positive stories about the NHS puts your mind at rest a bit.There has been so many negative stories about antenatal and post natal care recently.

Yes it's good that I've seen my HV, I wasn't expecting a visit what so ever but she seemed to think she'd been trying to phone to arrange a visit but couldn't get through...she had the wrong number. I didn't realise you got a health visitor anymore unless needed type thing.

Vicky: Good luck with the HV appointment this afternoon, honestly it's just to run through what aftercare you can expect and so forth, telling you about the tests baby can have if you concent to them, get your child health record book and so forth. I hope you have a nice HV.

No i didnt meet the health visitor till stephen was discharged from MWs care.
I met Phoebes health visitor in macclesfield and she was ok, but now we have moved its all up in the air again.

I will meet her after bubs is born i imagine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back