health visitor, already?

Jade89

Reaction score
a lady called my mobile earlier telling me she will be my health visitor, and that shes coming out tomorrow to my house...ok fair enough, but why does she need to come out this early? i thought u were ment to get health visitors when u have finished with ur midwife...i'll be so angry if she's checking up on me coz i'm young too!

how old are you hun???

have you changed docs recently? when i changed docs the HV came round to see me while i was 20weeks preg just to introduce herself.

Mine came for the first visit last Wednesday when Charlie was almost 2 weeks old. I've not heard on one coming out when you are pg either.

dionne said:
how old are you hun???

have you changed docs recently? when i changed docs the HV came round to see me while i was 20weeks preg just to introduce herself.

I'm 17, I chaged dr's early on in pregnancy, she did say she's coming to say 'Hi'... o...k...:?

My sister gave me her number to call and ask why's shes coming but I don't wanna lol!

Maybe it depends where you live. Over here I have the opportunity to meet my HV before the birth and she can put me in touch with other Mums to be etc. Actually that's where I used to live, they don't offer it where I am now.

Hi

I actually had my health visitor out today too, this was a first for me as with my son i didn't meet one until after i had finished with midwife, its not got anything to do with your age or anything (i'm 33!!), i just think they are introducing themselves, i thought she was just being nosy!!

The reason they can come earlier is because they do all the paperwork with you before baby is born. This tends to free up time for them when they visit after baby is born and they can concentrate on the baby. She'll give you a Birth to Five book for you to read and they basically do just introduce themselves. It's quite nice actually because when the baby is born you'll know who they are already. It's not because you're young hun some areas just do it, nothing to worry about :)

Hi ya,

I got a letter from my health visitor asking me to meet her on friday. I thought this was wierd and wondred if they thought I might have already had the baby!

I think they just give you your childs health record, and basically talk about any worries you have about after the birth. I guess that what it is as Ive got a questionaire to fill in!

I wouldnt have said its cause of your age though so I wouldnt worry.

xxx

lisanat said:
Hi ya,

I got a letter from my health visitor asking me to meet her on friday. I thought this was wierd and wondred if they thought I might have already had the baby!

I think they just give you your childs health record, and basically talk about any worries you have about after the birth. I guess that what it is as Ive got a questionaire to fill in!

I wouldnt have said its cause of your age though so I wouldnt worry.

xxx

i thought they might of thought i'd had her too...my drs surgery have made mistakes like this before...glad it's normal though.

well shes just been out to me, told me a bunch of stuff i already know...
said to me ''i'm not supposed to ask you this but i will anyway...how r u going to feed?'' i replied 'bottle feeding' then she gave me this leaflet about breastfeeding and kept telling me why it's so good etc etc...I have considdered breast feeding alot, but i realised not so long ago i dont really have a breastfeeding lifestyle...the thought of flopping my tit out in public places dont appeal to me...i gotta have some dignity left after the bloody birth! she reassured me that its MY choice...but it seemed like she was trying to persuade me alot to breastfeed :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back