Health Visitor

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
I've got a Health Visitor coming today at 12, what exactly is she coming to do, anyone know? I can't even remember what she said her name was :whistle:
Do I need to do anything in advance?

I think she just comes to introduce herself,explain some of the classes,clinics etc that happen in ur area and maybe give u ur red book xx

Thats weird. I wont see a HV until after midwife discharges me. x

yes they just come to introduce themselves and give you all their info x

Oh. My. God. I work as a beauty consultant so maybe it's just that I notice these things more, but no joke, she was done up like a clown. Lipliner overload, tonnes of blue eyeshadow, the works. It hurt my eyes.
She seemed a bit weird, but so long as she does the job I'm not that bothered. :)

Oh. My. God. I work as a beauty consultant so maybe it's just that I notice these things more, but no joke, she was done up like a clown. Lipliner overload, tonnes of blue eyeshadow, the works. It hurt my eyes.
She seemed a bit weird, but so long as she does the job I'm not that bothered. :)

:rotfl: sorry hun, but mine looked the same, infact i was wondering if a morgue had made her up in the morning she came to visit me!!

mine just said you are so lucky you have had a visit b4 u have baby, its if u live in a sh*te area, or if ur a first time mum or if were not too busy we come and visit you b4.... nice one thanks!!

i dont live in a shit area, but yeh i am a first time mum and obviously (i think) she just wanted to be nosey, lol she told me until the HV's pick u up at about 2weeks after birth, they will come visit at home and then once MW is happy with your bits going back they sign u off and its all HV.
but i will see her (so she told me) possibly when baby has jabs, where the local childrens centre is to get advice from them, google is the best place for advice for EVERYTHIN, thats keeping her in a job??!! lol :wall2::wall2:
and then she will come out and visit us at 2yrs to check babys walking and talking, and then just b4 they go to nursery to check there development,
and that you get ur red book after giving birth it will be sat on your bed waiting for u after the bath,

did she give u any information that was helpful??

She gave me my red book already so at least I have that. There was nothing new really, except a leaflet on when baby has it's routine jabs, but then apparently the surgery organise all that so I don't have to worry.
Went on about breastfeeding again....if one more person tells me how to latch on a baby I am going to scream, it's all very well showing me lovely cartoon pictures but until I try it for myself I'm not gonna know if I can do it am I? I almost feel like telling them I'm gonna bottle feed just to rebel against the system :p

lol mine was a bit like that, i said yeh im gona try it and hope to succeed, but until babys here, im not gona know if its gona work, and if it doesnt, im not going to get upset, yeh i want the best for baby, and if that means bottle feeding to guarantee him/her gettin fed properly, then thats what im going to do, pfft!

yeh the local primary care trust are meant to contact you to book them, they just sent my SIL a letter with a date and time on for it and she presumed it was a proper appt and then turned up and another 15mums were all sat there with screaming babies with the same letter all waiting for 1 nurse to get through them all!!

oh im gutted i havent got my red book, come on baby, time to arrive now!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back