Headaches

kanga86

Reaction score
The last two days coupled with the sickness I have had this really annoying headache/ migraine.
so soon as I open my eyes I feel like crap with a pounding head and it stays pretty much all day.

I know u can get headaches in pregnancy due to hormone changes, dehydration, tiredness, and caffeine withdrawal.

How bad is caffeine withdrawal because I normally only drink diet coke throughout the day with the odd squash, but since the sickness started I can't stomach any fizzy! Could this be causing my headaches? What can I do to overcome it when I can't drink anything with caffeine in? How long can u suffer with the withdrawal symptoms?

It probably doesn't help that I don't drink much during the day normally, so it is possible to me dehydration too. Has anyone found ways to increase their liquid intake without feeling sick from drinking too much?

I know this is all stuff I need to sort out myself but any tips would be appreciated xxx

I had really bad headaches in Tri 1. Debilitating ones in fact.

I did not want to take any drugs for them so I did suffer a bit (this is stupid really, it is well documented that you can take paracetamol safely but I just wanted to avoid it).

I noticed a pattern to them as well, it was every few days when the hormone levels increased.

Try and make sure you drink enough water, I did get a few which I put down to being dehydrated. The 4head sticks are good too, as is a nap. But you can take paracetamol as well if you need to.

Hope you feel better soon

I cut out caffiene completely when I found out I was preggers, oh my goddess the headaches were awful, and whats even worse is you can only take paracetamol with it!!! which of course doesn;t touch the sides.

I have started having just 3 cups of tea through out the day evenly spaced and the rest of the time i'm on decaf!! this has eased my headaches considerably :)

why dont you try ice pops for liquid intake? at least your not downing drinks and feeling sick (and plus i dont know about you but ice pops are refreshing and help me when i feel sick) :) xx

im trying to cut out caffiene, havnt had any today and the headache is awful!
all i drink usually is caffienated drinks so its hitting me hard!
apparently once your body gets used to having no caffiene, it gets easier though.

*hopes!*

I ended up having a small coke this afternoon and my headache has eased off, definitely seems to be the cause. Hopefully I can have a small amount a day to keep the withdrawal to a minimum :) xx

why dont you try ice pops for liquid intake? at least your not downing drinks and feeling sick (and plus i dont know about you but ice pops are refreshing and help me when i feel sick) :) xx

This sounds like a great idea, I have some in the freezer, trying to resist the urge to get one now :) xx

:D thats what i do when i feel sick anyways and it seems to help :) xx

Headaches have hit me this week, and I don't ever have caffeine anyway, I also am being stubborn and refusing to take pain killers!! Xx

I still suffer the headaches sadly :( and im just over 16 weeks havent really had much caffeine anyway could be a mixture of things mine is usually dehydration xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back