Headaches

Emma22

Reaction score
anyone else suffering or suffered bad headaches, had a migraine all weekend and been getting headaches on and off all week :cry:

any suggestions? x

me however im having a problem with my tooth so I dont know if thats causing it, but if its not then yes ive had them for about 2 months

I've been having quite bad headaches for a couple of weeks, and have been getting lightheaded too and seeing spots/stars in fron tof my eyes. I got a bit worried and called the community midwife and a really rude woman told me it's perfectly normal to have headaches & dizzy spells in pregnancy and I should just take 2 paracetamol. She wasn't at all sympathetic and to be honest I'm still a bit worried because it happens ALL the time. Luckily I'm seeing my normal midwife next week anyway so she will hopefully let me know if there's anything wrong.

Sorry that's probably not very helpful!

Yeah I get headaches too esspecialy at work with all the strip lights and stuff and everyones like "so what it's just a headache!" which buggs me coz it's not like I can just swallow a couple of neurafen (sp) and everything will be hunky dorey. ggrrrrrrrrr I dunno about anyone else but I wont even take paracetamol now just incase, I'm such a worrier.

me too :( got a real hum dinger today xxx

Headaches are common in pregnancy as you get surges of hormones but if you have dizzyness or spots in front of your eyes you should be checked out becasue these are warning signs of pre-eclampsia. You need to have a BP check and a urine check.. (this happened to me at the weekend!)

So maybebaby I would ring up your local hospital unit ( number on the front of your pack) to get checked if you can't get in to see your midwife....

If you have a "normal" headache - plenty of water and 2 paracetomol is whats reccomended! ( paracetomol doesn't pass through the placenta and so is ok to use when pregnant)

I keep having headaches too but alot is probably to do with a wisdom tooth popping thru and having dental work done :(
Ihope everyones headaches go away soon! :hug:

thanks girls, hope you all feel better soon too :hug:

I had them around your stage but they seeem to haave cleared up now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back