Headaches :(

TundraOwl

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Don't know if this is something to worry about, my midwife says not at the mo as I'm too early on for headaches to be an issue, and my blood pressure is not high. I'm 18 weeks, I've had a constant headache for about 3 days now, and nothing is shifting it, to add insult to injury I'm still getting sickness and have managed to burst a blood vessel in my eye , I think from being sick.

Think I'm just having a general low few days, just need some support that everything is ok and I'll be ok in a bit. Thought I would be feeling better by now.
Does anyone else think we should publish a book called "Random places I've been sick whilst pregnant!"

Sorry for the moan,
Lib

You poor thing, you really have been dealt a bad set of symptoms. :eh:

I was moaning just now about having just a little touch of nausea. I am having things quite easy this week really.

My only tricky bit this week is my 5 year old being on summer holidays and in the evenings I am completely and utterly :nap::nap::nap::nap::nap:

I hope you are getting a lot of fuss made of you!

Keep an eye on how you are feeling hun, headaches can be a sign of pre-eclampsia, but if your blood pressure is fine, your midwife is probably right. I suffer with headaches & find a cold flannel helps ease it. I really hope your feeling better soon x x

Thanks, will try the cold flannel idea, think I'm just feeling sorry for myself.
Hope everyone else is feeling better than me,
Lib xxx

Sorry to hear you are feeling so rubbish! I've also been told by my midwife that at this stage in pregnancy headaches are usually not connected to pre-eclampsia, especially if your blood pressure is fine and there is no protein in your urine. Some women just get lots of headaches in pregnancy - I am one of them, too, have had a pretty much constant headache for the last 6 weeks now, so I can commiserate with how crappy you're feeling. Someone told me that taking magnesium regularly can prevent headaches, but my midwife hasn't heard anything about that so I've been a bit relcutant to try it out. Maybe you could aks your midwife about it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back