Headache

aliciabubba

Reaction score
Hi! :wave:

I don't post much anymore due to me being busy with my little one.

I'm pregnant, 16 weeks and 4 days, and I've been getting a lot of tension headaches. I never experienced this with my 1st. Can anyone relate or has/had this? It's driving me crazy and I'm getting worried x

Last edited:
Hi there

Ive been so lucky throughout my pregnancy so far, symptoms wise. However, this week ive had really bad tension headaches. I have had a really stiff neck too, so the pressure was always around the back of my neck.
I did find that the 4head stick that you rub on your head helped to cool everything down. Drinking plenty and making sure I ate little and often.

If you can get some time to just chill and have a lie down, with a cold flannel or someting on your head?? may just help.

Hope youfeel better soon
x

I had them really bad at that stage, I ended up at the drs and had co-codamol prescribed to get me thru the day with DS!

By 20 weeks they just stopped xx

I've been suffering with them the past two weeks and not been able to do much about them :( I'm fairly certain mine might be caffeine related though. Whereas I used to have 4/5 cups of tea a day, I limit myself to two with a normal tea bag, and if I have any more I have a decaf bag. If I go all day without having any caffeine, I tend to get headaches in the evening. I suppose my body still hasn't adjusted :(

I use the 4head, and also I have a deep tissue muscle relaxing massage once a month. That really helped ease the neck tension. It hurts like hell at the time but the relief is great. Also try a hot water bottle on your neck and do shoulder rolls etc. but the top on water and food is great too.

My headaches were getting so bad I was losing my balance so I took paracetamol and nearly drowned myself in water and had an extra nap, they've been better since!

I too am suffering with daily headaches - pils don't touch them and I'm at work in front of a computer :(

Perfectly normal, I get hunger headaches although I don't stop eating ha! Xx

i got them for a good couple of weeks hun, paracetamol and nap whenever your boy does if you can

Yeah, I've been getting them too. Paracetamol doesn't always help and my LO crawling around and wanting to play all the time doesn't help either!! Definitely try to rest when your LO is resting. I use cold strips for migraine that you put on your forehead and try to drink plenty of water. I think with me it's probably the reduction of caffeine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back