• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HCG levels for twins

EmmaN27

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question, my blood test results come back at 1124 for HCG which was done when I was around 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Does anyone know if this falls within the normal range? Twins run in both mine and OH family and just wondered what our chances are of having twins.

Thanks
Emma
x

Thanks CARNAT, I think, that mine is within the normal range. x

mine was in the normal range at that stage ;) xxx

That seems very high for 4wks but normal for 5 cpuld ypu be futher along? If not fingers crossed for twinnies! Below are week by week guide lines.
3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to think, I have calculated that I should have been 4 weeks and 3 days when I had my blood tests. I guess I will have to wait until my scan on 20 January to find out! x

The chances of you having twins aren't increased by OH's side, just yours. Kanga told me this, she's a twin! Fraternal twins only run on the female side of the family, so OH can't pass the gene on even if his mum/gran/etc did.

I only know this because I'm the same, twins on both sides, but Kanga set me straight, she'll be around here somewhere if you want to ask her anything :) xx

My first scan isn't until 20 January so guess I will just have to wait and find out then. I only recently found out that my Mum was a twin but the other baby died. xxx

Leesey is right the fraternal twin gene is passed down the female family line due to it being because of more than one egg released at once, known as hyper ovulation. The men can be carriers of the gene if their mother/ grandmother had it, and they can pass it in to their daughters, so their daughters could have an increased chance of twins.

Identical twins are not hereditary, and only happen as a random fluke.

I was secretly hoping for twins being a twin myself, and being so ill. But two early scans have shown there is only one. Xx

Last edited:
I don't think I'm entitled to an early scan. x

I had 1 paid for privately just because I wanted to know everything was going ok this time after my mmc, and had another at the epau at 8 weeks due to bleeding. Xx

I've been looking at private scans, cheapest I found so far in London is £99. x

Gosh that is expensive, I paid £60. It was the best thing I did, such a good experience loads of pics and even two little videos of the heartbeat :love: the scan at the epu was a lot more clinical and rushed. Xx

Does the one you went to do them in London? £60 isn't bad in comparison. x

Unfortunately it is only a a small private place just down here in fareham xx

That's a shame. I think I just need to be more patient and try and wait until my 12 week scan although I will prob give my GP a call to ask about this. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back