Hayfever, sounds silly but a little worried!

katyloumc

Reaction score
I've been suffering really bad with this today and my doctor has said I can't really take anything apart from certain nasal sprays and eye drops that just don't do anything.

I've been constantly sneezing all day and quite violently, and its hurt my stomach, the babies been quite quiet and I just feel a bit worried I've done some damage. Am I being silly ?! It's getting me down now :(

I had a terrible cough during my first and second tri and I got worried i would harm baby or do some damage internally as it got so bad I had sharp pains inside, but my dr and mw both reassured me baby was totally safe inside and that it would not harm baby no matter how hard I coughed. So don't worry huni, altho it is annoying there's nothing more u can take, other than hibernate there's not much else u can do tho :/ hope u feel better soon xxxx

My hubby says I'm worrying over nothing but I can't help feeling sorry for her in there it mustn't be very nice!

Thanks I'll try to chill out! Xx

Call the hospital if movements go too quiet. I doubt you could have done anything though hun, baby is safely supported by all the fluid. My hayfever is shit too and I keep sneezing, I wondered if squiggle might find my sneezing a comfort when they're born as they'll be so used to it!! :) xxx

I had this a few weeks ago. I had a huge sneeze and tensed really tightly on the top of my bump where baby's legs are. It really hurt and baby didn't move for a bit which freaked me out, but they are really well protected in there. Contact the midwife if you worry about movements, but the sneezing wont cause any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back