Having loads of trouble with my lady bits :(

soverign

Reaction score
I have constantly had some kind of infection since my son was born 10 months ago. Before I got pregnant with him I had been for a sexual screening to make sure I was healthy before I had him (I had a miscarriage prior to this and wanted to make sure it wouldn't happen again).

My symptoms are: Lots of white discharge which smells, sharp shooting pain in my cervix throughtout the day, bad period type pains on and off through out the month, bleeding irregular which is now every two weeks, very painful episiotomy scar which also gapes, very painful sex (have only managed to do it about 3 times in the 10 months my son has been born).

I have been to the doctors loads of times since the problem started. They just kept fobbing me off with thrush cream which didn't do anything for me what so ever. The last time I went which was months ago they just told me to go the sexual health clinic. They were implying that my OH had been sleeping around.

Well I had no choice so I finally found the courage to go to the sexual health clinic yesterday. They were lovely and couldn't believe what my doctors had said to me. I have to go back in two weeks time to discuss the results. They couldn't find me on file from the first time I went which doesn't make sense. They looked under the microscope while I was there to see if they could give me any tablets to be taking in the mean time. They said it could be an STI. I just don't know how that could be when I got tested before and got the all clear and I have hardly had sex since. I even concieved my son! They did tell me that my cervix was inflamed, sowllen, red, sore and smiling at them! I don't know what this means for me but it doesn't sound good. They also told me I wasn't eligable for a smear seen as I am only 22. I just want the whole thing to come to an end. I have had this problem for nearly a year now :(

ETA - Sorry I wasn't really posting a question in particular, I just wanted to get it off my chest! I don't like talking to anyone about this kind of thing but I find I can share anything on here!

ohhh my! either go back to the docs and demand a referal to a Gyne or change your docs, thats what i would do hun i seriously would.

xrachx said:
ohhh my! either go back to the docs and demand a referal to a Gyne or change your docs, thats what i would do hun i seriously would.

I agree with this! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thankyou girls, I have told the nurse at the sexual health clinic exactly what happened with my GP. She said not to worry and that they would sort it out there for me and if I did need to be reffered to a gynochologyst (sp?) then they would do that for me too. They said they will not make me go back to my GP. I am currently submitting some forms for us to change docs at the moment. The amount of issues we have had with them is unreal but thats another story!

im no stranger to lady bits problems :hug: iv had chlamydia and cystitis- both horrendous in very different ways!

cant believe they said ur too young for a smear! i had my first aged 17, because i'd already been sexually active for 3 years!

luckily iv never had probs with smears. but i went for a chlamydia test when i was 22 after watching a programme on it- how its symptomless and VERY common- and i'd had 13 partners 12 of which were unprotected :oops: so thought i'd get tested! sure enough i got a BFP! we (DF and i) both went to a GUM clinic where we were tested for EVERYTHING. BFN's for everything except chlamydia. we were treated with antibiotics, but youre supposed to not have sex until ur clear but we couldnt resist :oops: also we were taking drugs too which prob didnt help :oops: boy did i pay for this 4 years later! the infection obviously never cleared up, and as it was symptomless we had no idea. that was until our daughter was diagnosed with it! :shock: :cry: we were all treated for it- so hopefully are clear now :pray: altho we did have sex during treatment again this time we used a condom- so i'm hoping we havent fucked up again.

i am awaiting my results from my 4th chlamydia test lol- praying for a BFN! otherwise my pregnancy will be classed as high risk! :(

sorry lol i woffle on dont i hehe

think if u dont have an STI then gynaecologist is def the way to go. hope everything gets sorted. :hug: x

no advice either hun but wanted to send you lots of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: hope you get sorted soon xx

:hug: hope it gets sorted for you soon, sounds very painfull.

trixipaws said:
im no stranger to lady bits problems :hug: iv had chlamydia and cystitis- both horrendous in very different ways!

cant believe they said ur too young for a smear! i had my first aged 17, because i'd already been sexually active for 3 years!

luckily iv never had probs with smears. but i went for a chlamydia test when i was 22 after watching a programme on it- how its symptomless and VERY common- and i'd had 13 partners 12 of which were unprotected :oops: so thought i'd get tested! sure enough i got a BFP! we (DF and i) both went to a GUM clinic where we were tested for EVERYTHING. BFN's for everything except chlamydia. we were treated with antibiotics, but youre supposed to not have sex until ur clear but we couldnt resist :oops: also we were taking drugs too which prob didnt help :oops: boy did i pay for this 4 years later! the infection obviously never cleared up, and as it was symptomless we had no idea. that was until our daughter was diagnosed with it! :shock: :cry: we were all treated for it- so hopefully are clear now :pray: altho we did have sex during treatment again this time we used a condom- so i'm hoping we havent f**ked up again.

i am awaiting my results from my 4th chlamydia test lol- praying for a BFN! otherwise my pregnancy will be classed as high risk! :(

sorry lol i woffle on dont i hehe

think if u dont have an STI then gynaecologist is def the way to go. hope everything gets sorted. :hug: x

Thankyou hun, I am hoping it is just somthing simple like chlamydia and it can be treaded with anti biotics. I have signed myself off work for a week due to stress. I just can't stop worrying that I may not see my son grow up. :cry: :cry: I always think the worst, I just can't help myself. Its just with the nurse saying about my cervix being swollen, red and inflamed that scares me the most. I don't know if sti's cause this but I am hoping they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back