Having A Wee After Giving Birth !!

nikki1306

Reaction score
Just noticed cassi finds it painfull at the mo (sorry cassi :hug: )

A little tip for when you need the loo after giving birth is to fill a small jug with warm salt water and as you have a wee sick back and gently pour the salt water round that area,it's very soothing and takes away the stinging and also keeps the area clean and helps with healing :D xx

Salt! :shock: Doesn't that sting?!

I use to stand in the shower to wee with the shower head just aimed onto the area, helps keep you clean and fresh too with the bleeding.

will have to remember that!

My aunt has told me the horror of doing a number 2 for the first time after giving birth! Is it really that bad!?

Just talking about this with someone else, it isn't that bad, but then I didn't tear, I only grazed.
The best advice I can give is don't hold it in, when you do feel you need to go, use a clean sanitary towel and hold over your lady bits and your perinium (you put slight pressure if you haven't torn) and that should help you. :)

scared now :cry:

sometimes I find the pain unbearable when having a wee after rough sex LOL...how am I gonna cope :cry:

Sami said:
Salt! :shock: Doesn't that sting?!

I use to stand in the shower to wee with the shower head just aimed onto the area, helps keep you clean and fresh too with the bleeding.

No hun :lol: ,i used just a little sea salt it's really soothing,the dentist gets you to do if with tooth infections and mouth ulcers and stuff and it always takes the sting away and will help you heal,i always used to do it was too scared to go without :lol: xx

hunnie you will babe, just sit in the bath or shower to pee and wait till your ready to go for a poo. :hug:

Also make sure you drink plenty so that your wee is very diluted :D xx

it stung for me a bit then it got really bad cos i got a water infection :cry: had to get antibiotics and it felt like i was weeing broken glass! Im prone to water infections though. I had to bit on stuff it was that bad :shock:

having a number 2 didn't hurt - i just felt tender. Just let it happen naturally and dont force it :D plenty of fibre ;)

samrbtson said:

My aunt has told me the horror of doing a number 2 for the first time after giving birth! Is it really that bad!?

I can't remember my first no 2 after giving birth :oops: ,can anyone else xx

Oooooh Im not looking forward to it....how much hassle is that having to wee in shower or bath everytime you wanna go??

The jug thing sounds good though :D

My best tip is to just do it i sort of stopped and strated after Jack as it stung so much and that did't help in the slightest, once you start weeing just carry on as its not too bad then

And i totally agree with what Sami said about the sanitary towel

To tell you the truth it stung more this time with a graze than it did with Emily and i was cut :?

samrbtson said:

felt like i was giving birth again :shock:

god this thread has brought back some memorys i thought id forgotten forever :?

so everytime you want a wee you have to strip off and get in the bath or shower? or is that just for your 1st time? i'm really confused cuz I couldn't imagine stripping off, getting in the bath/shower just to pee then having to wash myself etc...then get dry to put my clothes back on :?

nikki1306 said:
Just noticed cassi finds it painfull at the mo (sorry cassi :hug: )

A little tip for when you need the loo after giving birth is to fill a small jug with warm salt water and as you have a wee sick back and gently pour the salt water round that area,it's very soothing and takes away the stinging and also keeps the area clean and helps with healing :D xx

i don't remeber having troublewee'ing. The thing i dreaded after having my first was having a dump :talkhand: . i remember the first dump i had and i thought my poor tuppence was going to fall out :( .
oooo it makes my eyeswater thinking of it. Although it didn't hurt nearly as bad as i was thinking it would.

Jade89 said:
so everytime you want a wee you have to strip off and get in the bath or shower? or is that just for your 1st time? i'm really confused cuz I couldn't imagine stripping off, getting in the bath/shower just to pee then having to wash myself etc...then get dry to put my clothes back on :?

To be honest, I used to spend alot of the time in just my knickers, or laid on the sofa with nothing on and just a sanitary towel underneath me and a folded up towel incase of accidents, just so that air could get to my bits and help the graze heal, so jumping in the shower with my bottoms off wasnt an issue. I understand walking round with not much on isn't for everyone, but it certainly helped my bits heal up quicker.

ouch this subject is making me feel the pain over again!
it wasnt too painful and going for a poo wasnt as bad as i imagined but it did scare me a bit when i wiped and my fairy was like the size of a football with all the swelling! the worst thing for me after giving birth was in the hospital when i went for a bath..got up walked to the bathroom and when i took of the towel the midwife put there after stitching me....i flooded the bathroom i just stood there gushing for about 30 secs..i suppose its all the remaining waters and stuff..it was horrible! did that happen to anyone else? coz i've never seen it mentioned on here but maybe its TMI...in which case i apologize!! :oops:

When I got in the shower after the birth to clean up, I had been sat on the bed semi-layed down for over an hour, so when I got in the shower the amount of fluid that came out of me was horrible. My mummy helped me get cleaned up though bless her.

yeah same with me..it was horrible!! just a mini waterfall! lol
things like that are my new birth control! no one tells you these thins do they..i think they should cos i was shocked!!

I know what you mean, but I forgot it all quickly really, it's only for a short time afterwards. And being wrapped up in your baby helps you forget. Can't of effected me that much if I'm about 12 weeks again :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back