Having a bad day today

TORino

Reaction score
After another successful night with Tilly I am on a complete downer today.

Hubby is going back to work tomorrow so I am being left alone to cope with everything.

My effing boiler has broken down so I have no heating and no hot water. I need to keep my stitches clean and I'm not sure how I'm gonna manage that with no hot water.

I have a pile of shit covered clothes and blankets that need washing because Tilly has been having dodgy poos. I can't wash them because I can't get them dry.

And to top it off my friggin kettle broke

:(

Omg :hug: it never rains but it pours huh

Do you have a walk in centre near you? They might be able to clean your stitches or give you some saline to clean them with, or your chemist will sell saline sachets. At least you know it will be clean water even if it's cold. You could warm water in the microwave xxxxxxxx

Awww...big hugs... Hope you can get Your boiler fixed soon. Xx

Hubby has been boiling pans of water this morning until I could nip out to buy a kettle :shock:

I am so fed up.

Plus, the boiler is probably going to need replacing this time. We have had it fixed loads lately and I think it's just packed up for good.

Phils mate is coming out to look at it tomorrow

I could really do without spending my mat leave savings on a frigging boiler

The boiler won't have to work so hard with the warmer weather coming, he might be able to fix it to see you through for the summer? Fingers crossed xxxxxxxxx

i know how you feel hun, we ran out of gas yesterday so have no heating, just the kettle for everything. i hope it dosent go cold as i gotta wait til they get round to delivering the gas once they open again. the pains of having lpg gas supply :(

Oh Hun !!! Hope everything gets sorted out for u soon big hugs xxx

question, does your washing machine not heat the water itself. most machines can wash on a 30 degree wash nowdays too so you might be able to wash the clothes and just hang them over things as they will air dry anyway, it just takes longer. my washing machine heats the water internally i think but i just used the cool wash setting to wash Alyssas stuff and its come out clean despite not having the boiler working.

I can bev but my house is that cold they will be sat wet for ages :( I've had to source a heater for the living room.

I know these things can be fixed but it just seems to be one thing after another :(

I'm most upset that I'm gonna probs have to shell out for a new boiler.

i had a little oil heater in Alyssas room for just incase it was a bit nippy for her, hate to use the heating just for her room when shes older and they only cost 2p an hour to run, currently got it on in the living room lol.
its just sods law isnt it hun that something always happens to rain on your parade. we couldnt possibly get to just be happy and enjoy our babies, we have to get constant little niggly things cropping up to try and spoil it. well sod that im happy and nothing can rain on my parade atm, not thrush, pain, conjunctivitis, poverty or lack of heating. i hope its not too bad hun and you find a way to get it fixed that dosent cost the earth!

Sorry to hear you are fdown hun, can you not go stay with your Mum, thats what I would do in this situation.
Hope you get it sorted soon. xxx

Oh hunnie, how awful!
It's very hectic being a mummy. The other day I dropped Grace's bath full of water all over my kitchen floor, the cat then legged it and knocked over a jug of water, then I bashed my head on the shelf trying to reach for my fabric conditioner that fell down the back of the machine, then I spilt Grace's bottle whilst putting the formula in (how I did that I don't know!) so that went everywhere. Eurgh!

It does get better hun, and just remember we all have bad days.
As for your hubby going back to work, you'll be a pro in no time, I can do Grace's nappies blindfolded now! It's all trial and error and getting to know Matilda's ways. I can tell what Grace wants by her cries now, it's a lot easier!

Enjoy your time together, and make the most of her whilst she's so tiny and innocent, they grow up too quickly! xxx

Oh vicky sorry you're having a poop day....things can only go up from here

I guess if you need a new boiler you'll just have to bite the bullet and look on it as one less thing that you need to bother about

Sending you big hugs hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back