Have Your Health Or Beauty Products Lived Up to The Hype?

kazlin

Reaction score
I was just wondering whether you have bought a health or beauty product after reading lots of hype about it and did it live up to it's claim?

Take moisturisers, I have more or less given up on most. I tend to use either Lush or a really basic sensitive skin lotion and I find that by moisturising daily and drinking lots of water this gives a pretty dewy appearance. I just don't believe all the hype that comes with the more expensive and commercial products.

What's your experiences? :think:

I dont need beauty products........ Im a natural stunner! :shakehead:

Take it you haven't been back to the nose piercing post :twisted:

Not so much in moisturisers but I do spend alot on my shampoos and make up.

I only use Redken Shampoo & Conditioner. And only use MAC make up. I do have other brands of make up that I use, but it just doesnt last all day/night.

I use Olay Regenerist rehydrating lotion and it's made my skin have that "dewy glow" - I recommended it to my sister and hers is looking much better now too. I found their replenishing lotion rubbish though.

I've also used Olay Definity serum and that was great too.

YSL Touche Eclat is the only premium product I use that I think is worth the price tag, as it's cheaper versions just don't measure up.

I tend not to go very cheap but find a lot of mid-price products just as good as designer.

i only rely on clinicque for creams and things and make up, but love YSL touch eclat!!! cant be without it... its in my handbag at all times :D

for my hair it has to be bedhead by tigi as it smells so scrummy.

the only thing i spent money on and didnt like is them microdermabrasion kits to be honest any lotion with some salt granules in do just the same.

To be fair I do believe that the more you spend on a product the better it will be.

I don't get the very expensive stuff.

I get Soap & Glory face scrub - £7.00

L'oreal Volume Shocking Mascara - £9.99

Bourjois Foundation - £8.99

L'oreal Eyeshadow - £6.99

They're the only products that I'm fussy with, the rest I'll just buy whatever I fancy at the time :)

I was looking at Benefit make-up the other day but I didn't dare pay £21 for a little tub of cream or whatever it was, bet it was bloody good though :(

I don't get the really expensive shampoo either, I love Redken like Sarah cos that's what they use to do my hair at the salon but I never buy it to use at home. I get different ones all the time but they're usually around £5.

Honestly, when I go into Boots I never spend less than £50 :oops:

I'm fussy with my hair products and only use Aveda because it made such a difference to my hair when I started with it, on my skin I can only really use E45 but I do use lots and lots of it, and I love Boots No 7 make up which isn't too badly priced.

I have the best facecream ever, it is a local business that does organic soaps etc- it's avacado and rose oil, fantastic! I use rose water from the garden for cleanser

zebrastripes said:
I have the best facecream ever, it is a local business that does organic soaps etc- it's avacado and rose oil, fantastic! I use rose water from the garden for cleanser

is rose water any good? my neighbour sells all them sort of things and i brought a bergamont water to try, but i fancy rose to as i love the smell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back