have you noticed how this forum...

laetitia85

Reaction score
has gone very politically correct over time!
It's so funny, now whenever there are debates, when they become a bit 'heated', we all feel the need to use loads of happy smileys like this

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:D :D :D :D :D

i find it so funny, especially cuz i do it myself! it just seems safer otherwise everyone else will think you are purposely looking for an argument. it's true, no one really uses these smileys anymore :twisted: :evil:

lmao!!!!!!! :rotfl: i love it

Do you know what though, its usually cool until someone comes on and starts rolling eyes at everyone like chezzabell did today. What was all that about? :roll:

:rotfl:

Hehe I know - it's always hard not to appear abrupt or sarcastic in email debates because there's no tone of voice or body language to judge......so we have to make sure everyone knows we're not evil :lol:

and the point of starting this thread was... :roll:

bit pathetic in my eyes - :evil:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :hug:

Can't we get the mods to put more emoticons on so we can express ourselves even more ? :think:

Sweetcheeks24 said:

:rotfl: we need a far more sarcastic emoticon :roll:

lou said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

no we don't!!! we just need to be real!! if you're angry use the angry emoticons, that's what they're for!!! because if we were debating in real life I don't think we'd be hugging each other non-stop :hug: :hug: :hug:

just imagine that!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I use :twisted: a lot - usually when stalking libs

I must stalk more people, it's fun :think:

lou said:

sarcastic.gif

laetitia85 said:
no we don't!!! we just need to be real!! if you're angry use the angry emoticons, that's what they're for!!! because if we were debating in real life I don't think we'd be hugging each other non-stop :hug: :hug: :hug:

just imagine that!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't understand though, having a good debate doesn't mean your angry? surely any intelligent person can put their point across without :twisted: :evil: :roll: :? ?

I just don't see the point.

If someone says something I don't agree with i'll be the first to speak up, I just don't see the point of using emotions that when read back could be deemed as unfriendly or aggressive, at the end of the day people won't take you seriously if they think your speaking through anger.

I know what you mean....but theres no reason why anyone cant say what they think and feel aslong as there are no personal attacks, no racism/religious discrimination etc :)

Its all in the rules :roll: (HEHE :lol: )

I love it!!! :cheer:
Its good to have some intelligent, thoughtful, interacting debate. We are all mothers/mothers to be/ttcers after all...................its great for our children to have mothers that can think outside the box and are not consumed entirely by nappies, feeding and sleep patterns!! :wink: :rotfl:

lou said:
Do you know what though, its usually cool until someone comes on and starts rolling eyes at everyone like chezzabell did today. What was all that about? :roll:

Oooo, it's been ages since I saw some genuine bitchyness. Which thread?

Becs said:
lou said:

Oooo, it's been ages since I saw some genuine bitchyness. Which thread?

:rotfl: chicken one :shhh:

I have been on a number of forums and almost always there have been one or two posters who seem to want to ruffle some feathers. People like this are best ignored.

I REFUSE TO SIT ARGUING WITH MY LAPTOP! :moon:

I love a good debate online,it gives me my fix when Senior debating is cancelled :lol:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Just for the shiggles :roll: :roll: :roll:

I like that people do friendly emoticons while saying things that could be taken as unfriendly. Things can be taken badly when they are only in print and this place is very supportive so everyone wants to make sure they don't upset everyone. We're a little hippy encampment :D

kalia said:
I like that people do friendly emoticons while saying things that could be taken as unfriendly. Things can be taken badly when they are only in print and this place is very supportive so everyone wants to make sure they don't upset everyone. We're a little hippy encampment :D

I love those smilies :lol:

Theres nothing odd about it though is there, its just being polite and respectful.....man i've seen some very good forums go rapidly down hill because personal attacks are not dealt with and it escalates and escalates, until its nothing more than a flame fest forum.....thank ye gods that will never happen here cos your all more mature and respectful than that :dance: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back