Have you bought anything for baby yet?

mablestarr

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone has got anything for the LO yet. After my scan on Monday I was so tempted to get a little outfit or something but when I went to mothercare everything that was unisex was either too frilly or too boyish and I ended up not getting anything as I didn't fall in love with anything in particular.

I have seen a lovely pram suit in mamas and papas but again even though it is light brown and cream I think its more suitable for a boy.

So after all this I've still not got anything and keep on thinking now that I will want to find out the sex at 20 weeks. I know it probably sounds silly but at the moment I would really really love a boy, and every item of clothing I like I think is more boyish, and don't want to get it incase its a girl.

So has anyone bought anything already or planning on getting something after a scan or when you get to 12 weeks?

You could just buy the plain bits, like white vests :) and mits :)

I know Vix, but they are so boring compared to all the lovely outfits out there!

Yup, lol! I'm having a boy but find it hard to buy packs of sleepsuits cause there's always one in the pack I dislike :wall2:

I've started buying White vests, even though I know I'm having a boy, I think well vests are hidden under outfits so there's no point buying anything fancy!

I am going to buy something after my Nuchal scan - hopefully in a few weeks , ringing for a date tomorow

I'm like you Mabel, planning to stay on team yellow, but will have to hunt high and low for a nice bright but unisex babygrow for my treat, to pop in the drawer to look at for the next 6 mths X

I bought to things I thought it would help if I got it out my system :) A little body suit with a giraffe on from boots and a little sleep suite with stripe stripe zebra on. It just made me settle :)

BTW I am totally on the bright and animal stuff I know that is more boyish but I reckon baby will be happy no matter what :)

I have my first scan on friday and im itching to buy loads of stuff! really cant wait to buy stuff, so exciting, im going to stick to getting mits and white vests and stuff like that, and just collecting things i see that will be useful ie push chair and stuff, just cant wait for it to be the end of the pregnancy so i can have a bambino to dress :) and definately going to find out the sex as soon as i can ie 20 weeks haha. so fun isnt it going and seeing stuff that you can get, i love it! xx

not bought anything yet, i keep avoiding baby shops!

i hate all the coloured outfits for newborns anyway so mine will be in white whether it's a boy or a girl!! maybe a little bit of pink and baby blue if necessary ;-)

I havent bought anything for baby yet. Only bought myself some essential new bras, lol.

I have refrained from entering baby shops too. Will prob venture into some after my 12 week scan though.

I haven't yet. After my scan (19th July, forever away) I'm going to get a box and start collective a few things. Can't wait till then!

i really want to buy stuff but cos of the pains i stil get then i daren't,with my others i went out and bought something almost straight away lol

i have looked about and i know what u mean,unisex stuff is very limited at the mo,which is annoying.im not finding out the sex of baby so its going to be really hard buying clothes i think:( too many ppl find out the sex nowdays so they do most things in girls or boys

I've bought a couple of things so far - a little white babygro and an AC/DC vest with matching hat! :blush:

I'm waiting until I find out the sex to buy the majority of what I need. Although, I'm going to stay away from the girliest pink outfits if it's a girl. I'd love more variety in the unisex clothes as well - there only seems to be white out there. I'd love green or purple.

I wouldn't fuss much about neutral things :) Once baby is born you get a rake of colored stuff as gifts.. Sainsburys, Matalan and Asda do some lovely neutral disney things, I got these at the beginning but tbh I didn't look twice at white/cream things once I got my colour :lol: xx

I love white things on newborns anyway as it makes them look all pure and cute and really baby like, if that makes sence at all? lol
When I see things half price etc Iv picked up a few sleep-suits, even if they are for girls as I can just sell them on again or give them to people as gifts as a few of my friends are pregnant :)

Last edited:
yeah I habe been going to tesco on my weekly shop and picking up packs of white vests and babygrows I hate it when you see a new born baby lying with such uncomfortable clothes on such jeans they must be uncomfortable we know what its like ourselves laying around with Jeans on eh, so yeah i would just get some plain things in and when the baby is here you will get loads of coloured gifts xx

yeah I habe been going to tesco on my weekly shop and picking up packs of white vests and babygrows I hate it when you see a new born baby lying with such uncomfortable clothes on such jeans they must be uncomfortable we know what its like ourselves laying around with Jeans on eh, so yeah i would just get some plain things in and when the baby is here you will get loads of coloured gifts xx

high five!! haha

i totally agree, and if the mother-in-law has her way it'll be loads of jeans and stripey t-shirts if it's a boy YUK :roll:

no!!! Jeans are just so hard and uncomfortable, I think that when they are only in the house lying around then they should be in a wee babysuit and this means that they are covered up and nice and cosy too. im not saying i wont have cute little outfits but if this baby is anything like my daughter who had vad reflux then all its clothes will get ruined anyway xx

I agree, I think babys hould be babys. My son didnt wear his first proper outfit until atleast 2-3 months old.

yeah I think that they look so cute in their wee babygrows or even in their wee vests and socks its so cute, I bought a wee pooh bear jacket and soft all in one kinda dungaree set today as they are quite think which I thought was good as they were in the sale and as baby is due in December thought that i would need warmer clothes, but yeah I want to be organised with some clothes,

i also have my moses basket and stand sterilser and bottles, incase i cant get baby to feed from me, a cotbed and a baby chaning unit and i have started to get bits and bobs from the loved and adored range from babies r us, just want to be organised and as the baby is d$ue near christmas thought it would be good to have everything in so I can start on christmas soon, scary eh xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back