Have any of you ended up pregnant after a negative pregnancy test .

babybunny

Reaction score
So before you read this, I'm not asking you if I'm pregnant what I want to know is 'has this ever happened to anyone' and if I could possibly be pregnant.
My boyfriend and I are TTC and this is the second month. This month i was meant to start my periods on 1st May . 3 days before my period was due i got a light bleeding that just 'came out' and stopped, I assumed it was implantation bleeding. I took pregnancy tests, all negative. On monday i went to the doctors and got a urine test which also came back negative. I tried to read stuff on internet to see if this has happened to anyone but couldn't find answers, the only thing I found is that it's possible to ovulate later than usual.
I was just wondering if this has happend to any of you? Have you ended up pregnant?

My symptoms:
Heartburn
Tiredness
Nausea
Frequent Urination
Tender Breasts
& Missed Period (11 Days)

I would be really greatful if any of you could help. Thank you :)

I am almost in the same boat but only missed period by a few days so far. All the above symptoms too and BFNs. I have done some looking around and the general answer seems to be that it can happen. As you are 11 days late now, I would go back to your GP and see if they can do a blood test. The other option I am going for is to use cheapie one step tests every 48hrs to watch for it just in case (as taking anti-histmaines for hay fever!).

Good luck!

I am also wondering the same thing! I am 9 days late and driving myself crazy. I have done 2 tests so far. Both BFN. I have also had all the above symptoms.

The most common response from friends I have had is that I could have ov'd late so may not show up yet. I am planning on testing again on Monday and if that is a BFN I am giving up and accepting it as a negative!

I feel your pain though girls. It's hard work because even when you do a test it doesn't put your mind at rest.

Aw I wish you both luck! I'm going to the doctors on Monday to get a blood test so i'll keep you updated :)

My periods were always regular, before i started taking the pill and after. The most i have ever been late is 3 days. Im 2 weeks late now, my doctor told that i could of ovulated late which means pregnancy tests won't show a positive result yet. I'm going for a blood test tomorrow. Hopefully i'll get the result I want (+) . But if i don't i want to at least get my periods so i know when im ovulating again and can continue TTC.

I had taken 2 tests last week and they were BFP's

To my utter dismay, I took a test today and its BFN.. and no periods (1 week post period date already) and no periods yet.... what's cooking? any replies?

Hey ladies, check my bfp announcement from two months ago ("my husband has super sperm") for my rollercoaster ride!!
I got bfps, then bfns, and assumed it was another loss, then a week later got bfps again and here I am 12 weeks up the duff!!!
Always expect the unexpected xxx

Last edited:
Hey ladies, check my bfp announcement from two months ago ("my husband has super sperm") for my rollercoaster ride!!
I got bfps, then bfns, and assumed it was another loss, then a week later got bfps again and here I am 12 weeks up the duff!!!
Always expect the unexpected xxx

=

Seems encouraging to know. congrats to you and your hubby and hope something positive happens to me and other ladies here...

I have had it the other way round and have negs until a good week and a half after missed period, then got slow rising bfps, don't give up hope, as long as your period does not arrive , then your still in the game.

Good luck to you Dolly Dolly

Hiya...I'm hopeing someone can help either give advice or share there experience??...
My last period was 16th April, I felt ovulation cramps on the 7th of May. I know i(think I know) it was ovulation cramps as I check my cervical mucus and roughly from 4th-9th of may I had that fertile mucus(clear n stretchy). I then forgot about it and didn't pay much attention but I know I had mild cramps here n there the following week after but assumed it must be period on the way. It wasn't untill I had painful cramps and back ache after me n the boyfriend had sex one morning on the 17th may-it lasted atleast half an hour- I'm thinking implantation? Once I felt that pain on the 17th -roughly 10 days after I think I ovulated I stupidly took a test straight away and of course it was negative, 2 days later I took another test and again it was negative...
My cycles are all over the place n annoyingly change from month to month!! A few months ago I had 2 bleeds in one month then nothing for the next 6 weeks. It's now been 5 weeks since my last period. I have all the signs of pregnancy, tired, mood swings, tender nipples, larger breast, mild cramps, back ache, raised temperature, cold n flu, headache, queezy sicky feeling every now n then.. Dehydrated . And p*ssin like a race horse!!!!
I know some of u lady's have had positive results only a few days after ovulation. I took another test today and again it was negative??! As I don't know how long my cycles are I'm going from when I first felt what I think was ovulation cramps (2weeks ago) im guessing that around now should be the time for my period? Or a positive result? (Iv been testing with first response)...??? How long untill I have enough hgc in my blood for the test to detect if that was indeed implantation I felt on the 17th?? -5 days ago. Am I being impatient and testing too soon? Could the negatives be false n I could in fact be pregnant????
Alsooooo thought I'd add in that just before I had my fertile mucus I had really thick white discharge, then around 5 days of clear n stretchy n that's when I had first cramping. It then it all dried up n now it's like white lotion. Does anyone here track n check thers? Do u know how it's supposed to be just before period or a positive result?? Is ther a difference atall?
I have also recently been checking my cervix too and over the past couple of days has gradually gone from being low n hard to high up and a lot softer..which according to google is another good sign?!. I just "feel" pregnant. I know a lot of prego symptoms are also period symptoms too but the fact I felt cramping on what seems like the right days aswell as my cervix being high n soft instead of lower n harder as it should before period I can only assume I am preg but testing too early maybe?? hopefully?!! Has anyone here had a negative n then next day /days got a positive?
But if I ovulated 2 weeks ago n testing with first response - which is obviously suppose to detect hgc even at it's lowest amounts? Why am I still getting negative?
I don't even really know what my question is to be honest!? Thers a lot of questions here lol
Sorry if I'm just rambling on!! .. I just want some help???
If u were me... What would u do?? Would u test again? If so, when?? .
Any replies n input of any sort would be sooooo much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back