Has he gone off his milk??

Babybushie28

Reaction score
My little boy is 5 weeks tomorrow and usually has 4oz every 3.5-4hrs. Yesterday he was very moany and was crying for milk every 2.5ish hours. He had a feed at 3.30am this morning and then screamed the place down at 4.45am ish biting his hands, he burped and I thought it was wind but he carried on screaming. I made him a bottle and within that time he fell asleep, I woke him and he only took 1oz, that was at 6amish. Since then he's fine for a bit and then moans for food I've made him another 4oz bottle and he's (reluctantly) taken 1oz at a time every 10 mins or so when I try again. I feel like he should be wolfing it down as he hasn't had a full bottle since 3.30??

Any one had similar or know what could be going on??

Thanks

Xxxxxxx

I'm no expert, but J is sleeping a lot and not feeding as much...thinking he could be going through a growth spurt...could be the same for your LO...? xx

Hey Hun. It kinda sounds like silent reflux. My little man had that and cried every time I laid him flat and was also awake every hour or two and only taking 2-3 oz. I went too the doctors and I've now got infant gaviscon for him which I put in his bottles. It helps him sleep a lot and he also takes 5-6oz every 3-4 hrs. It's just a suggestion tho Hun xx

Hi Hun, my lo had this exactly on SMA gold. I changed to aptamil comfort and its like I had a new contented baby. I did a lot of researching before I swapped milk and all I could find were very similar stories about SMA xx

It could the milk, it is very thick and I'm contemplating changing it?? He has been awfully windy today and has been farting and burping a lot but saying that I also express and he wasn't taking that either :(

Since my post he had one episode of screaming and had 1oz and then scream again and he had 2 oz so a bit more but still significantly less than normal, maybe it is a phase as he seems happy otherwise. I think I'll keep an eye in him and try a different milk if it carries on.

Thanks for your replies, sometimes you just need to know ur not alone!!

Xxxxxx

Since SMA changed their formula in2008, I have read a lot of reports of it being to heavy and greasy for babies due to all the lipids they've added. I put lo on it as my first was on it in2007 and I never had problems with it then! Xx

Since SMA changed their formula in2008, I have read a lot of reports of it being to heavy and greasy for babies due to all the lipids they've added. I put lo on it as my first was on it in2007 and I never had problems with it then! Xx

That's interesting to hear, I went for it as my mum have it to my younger sisters when they were babies, he's been a bit up abs sown today but I'll prob change it if he doesn't settle.

Thanks hun

Xxxxxxx

It could be colic? Harry had it very bad from week 2-7. We changed him from C&G to Aptamil and put infacol into every single feed and changed him to Dr Browns bottles and thankfully it cleared for him at 7 weeks. He still has tons if wind both ends but it doesn't cause him any pain anymore x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back