has anyone used the tube with a pushchair?

Escalators aren't too bad if you have someone else with you, I always get OH to stand in front makes me feel like its safer. Otherwise I hang on till my fingers turn white!

I had scary experience at tube station at bottom of escalators swear never again, coming down one some one shoved me as i was coming off wheels jammed on side of escalator and I couldn't get off lucky bloke ran over and grabbed pram and yanked it off :(

I have to be honest, after seeing someone with a pushchair with a slightly older child, around 2 years old, loose control out a pushchair on an escelator, I would never take my tiddler on one in his! Child was badly hurt, as was an older lady who was knocked over by it. I would suggest in future that you have a sling or carrier and a lightweight stroller so that you can easily keep control of baby as you carry him and be able to carry the stroller at the same time. Much safer for baby, people around you and you.

I have to be honest, after seeing someone with a pushchair with a slightly older child, around 2 years old, loose control out a pushchair on an escelator, I would never take my tiddler on one in his! Child was badly hurt, as was an older lady who was knocked over by it. I would suggest in future that you have a sling or carrier and a lightweight stroller so that you can easily keep control of baby as you carry him and be able to carry the stroller at the same time. Much safer for baby, people around you and you.
I 'm afraid at now 7 months and stone and 1/2 in weight my back would never last out . There was no way I would ever have let go of the pushchair no matter what else happened. x

I use the tube all the time in London as I live here, when its good its fab! I'm totally confident getting anywhere in London...but iv never taken lo on it and he's 18mo - it's the escalators! I'm too scared!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back