Has anyone got that implant?

I have it and its safe whilst breastfeeding.
I keep meaning to have it removed as i experience awful skin problems with it, which by the time the spots clear up i have another terrible outburst again :(

Some women find that is really good and experience no side effects but i think i am one of those women who it doesnt agree with, TBH any other hormone based contraception i have been on has caused me problems so i will be looking to change to something else.

i have it, i went to have it removed at the end of jan and its stuck! :|

jodie_honey said:
i have it, i went to have it removed at the end of jan and its stuck! :|

Oh no dont say that :? , have you got to get it removed at hospital now?

I'm thinking of getting it....but the injection made me moody... does the implant do the same?

I had the implant and if you want my honest opinion I would advise anyone against it!
It was fine for a while! Though I put on about 2 stone! I had the worst migraines ever! Daily! Since having it removed I have about one a month!! :D I was moody! But then I still am :lol: I began with erratic bleeding after a year and all sorts of crap!
The injection is better but they all give me migraines! :( Im on cerazette now and I guess either that is causing the migraines I do get now or they will get worse soon! :( (I do have a thing called Daily headache syndrome lol so could be that could be the pill but it was far far worse with the implant!)

zebrastripes, it has the same hormones in it as cerazette! I use to suffer from really bad migraines from the normal pill but I was much better on cerazette. So I had the implant.

However........ I had it out to TCC, & would NEVER have it put back in :evil:

I found it made me feel down on it (depressed is to strong), the change in me for the period I was on it (18mths) was scary! I've always been a happy bubbly person, but not on that :twisted:

Plus I think :think: it decreased my sex drive :oops:
I never knew when I was going to come on, or for how long which was :wall:

Since having it out, I've been back to normal me, plus I've lost nearly a stone without trying!

It seems to really suit some people though, if you do try it just watch out for any changes :hug: x

totally against the implamon myself

my mood was always really low, and when I went to have it removed, the lady at the clinic said did you knw the implamon is one of the biggest causes in depression but docs wont tell you for of puttin you off it!!

Also spotty skin, weight gain, non exisitent sex drive !

the only bonus for me was no periods at all!!!! But I know of some people who bleed non stop for 8 weeks heavily so had to have it removed!!

I have no experience personally but I know a couple of people who have had it taken out as they had suffered from terrible mood swings.

i wish i had never had it, it ruined my life for 6 months, i was crying almost every day, felt loads better after it was taken out

Seriously zeb have you considered nfp and condoms? Im pretty sure it can be done and of your worried double condoms!!!

Or you could change your pill hun? :hug:

From what ive heard about the implant i wouldnt have it in a million years - headaches, hormoines, constant periods in some cases, lack of sex drive, etc.

God no is the answer for me :shock:

I was going to go on it but after posting on here I too got put off!!

Im back on pill now...cilest...maybe worth a try x

this isnt the first time i have heard/read comments like these- which is why i would NEVER get the implant! :shakehead:

hi all :wave:

i've had them all :D pill, injections, implant and the mirena coil. best contrception in my opinion is the condom!

i put weight on with them all, i got depressed with inj, imp and coil. also i very nearly killed my self(can't spell suicidal) with the coil :( but if i had to choose again which one, i wouldn't! they all had side effects and getting em removed or pg after was a nightmare. i've had the coil removed in october and i read up after about it and it is well known to give depression and thought of killing yourself. i have had a history of depression and they still said it was the best for me! wtf!

so sum up, DON'T! nasty unwanted chemicals. hehe :lol:

Hiya, I had the Implanon put in and hated it! I had it in for about 18 months and it was the worst time ever - My periods stopped for about 5 months but I was still having all the symptoms like cramps and mood swings, then they came back with a vengeance! I would be on for a couple of days, then off for a few, then back on - SO unpredictable and would catch me out at the worst times! They used to be really light but with the implant they were really heavy and I had the worst pains, some days I couldnt even walk :(

E x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back