Has anyone got a tattoo of their childs name

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting one done but i'm not really sure where to have it. I quite like the idea of getting Jake written on the inside of wrist but I would be grateful of any suggestions or pics of your tattoo's.

There's a few people on here got their kids' names on their wrist I think :think:

I'm getting my own name on the inside of mine when I get the time/money/courage :lol:

no i haven't got their names, but i've got 3 stars on my foot as the meaning for a star is a 'birth' so i got 3!!
1 big one which is say is my eldest! & 2 small ones, the boys, Josh & Louie!

i think the ones on your wrist look great now when we're all young, but when we're old..hmm, not sure.

have you got any others?x

foxymum said:
no i haven't got their names, but i've got 3 stars on my foot as the meaning for a star is a 'birth' so i got 3!!
1 big one which is say is my eldest! & 2 small ones, the boys, Josh & Louie!

i think the ones on your wrist look great now when we're all young, but when we're old..hmm, not sure.

have you got any others?x

No I havn't got any tattoo's yet. I'm a bit scared about it really because I know once it's there I can't get rid of it if I change my mind. My friend has her Son's name written on her wrist and it's really nice. I only want something small and I was thinking about having it in fancy writing.

I dont really get why people get tattoos of their own names to be honest, if you get your childs or other halfs name then your doing it to tell them you love them, or have a reminder of them with you wherever you are right ? But if its your name, then whats it for lol
I dont mean to be mean but i just dont get it :oops:

i have my sons name written on my lower back, and my daughters name on my wrist. I also have my oh's name written on my belly in chinesse.

I know what you mean scatterpatch, I know a guy whos name is Ryan, and he got it tattooed on the inside of his forearm in huge letters....I missed the point I'm afraid :lol: :lol: :lol:

i am not personally a fan of names so am going to get a mother symbol done on the back of my neck.

I had this tattoo done last year. My son is named Tyler, but known as Ty.

Looks better in real life....couldn't get the right light on it :?

Tytat2.jpg

scatterpatch said:
I dont really get why people get tattoos of their own names to be honest, if you get your childs or other halfs name then your doing it to tell them you love them, or have a reminder of them with you wherever you are right ? But if its your name, then whats it for lol
I dont mean to be mean but i just dont get it :oops:

I don't see what's wrong with it :? :think:

Nooo id never say there was anything wrong with any tattoo, its self expression isnt it so i dont think a tattoo can ever be wrong, unless its spelt wrong, or wonky or something. I just dont see the reasoning behind it :doh:

MOther symbol wassat ? Ooo just googled it and found this, which is lovely !!!

TripleCalligraphySmall.jpg

I went through a phase of having really bad panic attacks, and wanted a white tattoo of the ohm sign tatooed on my wrist, as i found that meditation really helped me just relaxxx, but im too much of a wimp, one day . . . .

Hmmm, ok. Just felt like you were only saying that cos I'd said I'm getting my own name on my wrist :)

If I get it and anyone asks why I'll say cos I love myself :shakehead: :rotfl:

I have Keeley's name on my left wrist:

S5000038.jpg

and i have a star and her date of birth on the back of my neck:

100_0083.jpg

Sorry if the pic's are big :oops:

lol noo kirsty u go gurl im sure itll look lovely, its just that my only experience with own name tattoo's was my mates ex who got his huge in old english across his back and then moaned and moaned for about 6 months about how much it hurt, i think thats whats put me off the idea, and because im such a wimp lol i need to be able to blame someone/thing else for the pain !!!

EG. if i get OH's name i can be like owwww it hurts and its all your fault, why couldnt you have been called Jo, or something short !!!

I've got one tattoo already. I'd really like baby's name when she's born but i have no idea where or how to have it, i'd like it somewhere i could add to as i want a big family!

scatterpatch said:
Nooo id never say there was anything wrong with any tattoo, its self expression isnt it so i dont think a tattoo can ever be wrong, unless its spelt wrong, or wonky or something. I just dont see the reasoning behind it :doh:

MOther symbol wassat ? Ooo just googled it and found this, which is lovely !!!

TripleCalligraphySmall.jpg

I went through a phase of having really bad panic attacks, and wanted a white tattoo of the ohm sign tatooed on my wrist, as i found that meditation really helped me just relaxxx, but im too much of a wimp, one day . . . .

Oooo thats the pagan 3 spoked wheel...! I love that.. Mother, maiden, Crone.

I've got this on my arm...

tattoo.jpg

It has runic symbols representing Tia's name and Sheena's name, as well as norse pagan blessing symbols... I will eventually get it redone to have Serena's name....I also needed to add more to it and was all set to have it done for my birthday last year when....

Lil miss happened and you can't get tattoo'd while pregnant,...at least its not recommended...

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm not a tat kinda gal, but I have a heart pendant that I wear around my neck on a silver chain.
On one side of the heart (the front) I have a pic of both the kids engraved onto it
On the other side of the heart (the back) I have engraved their names and dates of birth

:)

heres mine on my left wrist looks better in real life then in the pic though

beckyscamerapics119.jpg

I'd like their names, but in a way that you can't really tell, like at first glance it lookslike a normal tribal design, then when you look again you can see their initials or names :)

Somebody had a tatoo on their foot I think??? I really liked it and was thinking of havin one like it :lol:

My ex had my name tatooed on his arm and it was all squashed up and spelt wrong :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back