Has anyone elses OH felt the same re posting LO pic

Moofa

Reaction score
Hi

I know it is a bit early to post yet as LO isn't due until 12 July but just wanted to let you all know that my DH has asked me not post a picture when LO is born. I got really upset about this, it made me cry, but he has his reasons e.g. fakers stealing pictures.

I really really want to post one and he said I could text a picture to my text buddies but he won't even agree to posting pics on facebook either.

I just wanted to say sorry as you have been all a great support, I will of course post my birth story.

Has anyone elses OH felt the same?

Mx

We haven't talked about it properly but from comments he has made I think my OH will feel much the same about posting pics of LO. I think I'll post a pic in the adult/ private section to avoid an problems, do you think you OH might be ok with you posting a pic in there?

Alex xxx

mines doesn't mind since i've started watermarking my pics when i post them :)

as alex said - some girls post them in the adult section? :hug: it's totally understandable though hun :hug:

I can see where your DH is coming from. My OH has asked that I don't go overboard with pictures. I usually tag my pictures anyway to avoid people stealing them and pretending they are theirs.

It is understandable but my OH doesn't mind.

It's not nice when people's pictures are stolen but at the end of the day I know she is my baby and if others want to pretend then it's because she is SO gorgeous! Lol.

Would your OH agree to a watermarked picture in the adult section that was put up there just for a day or something - then you could remove it...

I did suggest that to my DH but he said no. Hey you could all become my text buddy and then I can text you all :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I dont have the OH issue luckily lol, but i have been thinking about posting pics and whether to or not.

When i first joined i wasnt gonna post pics of her, but now i've been here a while and feel like i've got to know people i'll more then likely post pics. Im not sure if i'll keep them in the adult section or put them in new arrivals, however they may be the only time you ever get to see my face (so no-one can say shes theres when she's mine lol) and i'll definately be putting some sort of watermark over them.

I dont mind abount bump pics cos its just my belly and i know its mine, but saying my baby is yours is another thing!

He doesn't mind me posting my bump pics, in fact the one I posted a few months ago he took but he said not LO :?

He is such a sweete and not controling at all, in fact I'm the bossy one but I have to respect his wishes

Mx

Why not watermark pics then people will not be able to use them for their own.

Urchin did post in Tech section about how to do this. Easily done and will put of people from trying to use your pics.

My sister was the same last year after having her baby - she asked me not to post pictures anywhere on the internet as she didn't want anyone to get hold of them that shouldn't. i respected her decision because it was her baby, however I just don't get it myself. I agree with babybee, if people really want to steal my baby's pictures then let them - I'm the one with the real one :D

I never bother watermarking my bump pictures either - I couldn't care less if they were stolen! I did take one with a handwritten sign in second tri with 'Mildly's bump' written on it but that was more to prove that I wasn't a faker than to stop people taking my pics.

I am much more careful about the info i give out on line than I would be about a baby pic, mainly because my info could be used to trace me in real life whereas a pic of my baby (seeing as they change so much day to day) is unlikely to be recognisable except to people really close to me.

Hope you get your OH to agree to you posting in the adult area, i would love to see pictures of baby Moofa :D

[quote="Mildly

Hope you get your OH to agree to you posting in the adult area, i would love to see pictures of baby Moofa :D[/quote]

:hug: :hug:

I'm hoping that when we have the baby he will want to show 'it' off to everyone and then agree, get him at his softest point!

I don't think my OH will mind at all. There wont be any that expose the baby. If someone is sad enough to steal pics....let them try. They often end up beimg caught anyway! Tagging and watermarking is a good idea though :)

I haven't worried about fakers with my bump pic (only one so far, I'm so lazy) and scan pics.

My OH and I are into photography, I enjoy it, he's just good at it, so we have personal pics of weddings and friends and horse shows and all sorts we go to on the web. We have our car pics and all sorts.

I don't care too much about fakers, although I know I'd be a bit :shock: if someone actually did do that to me, however, I care more about indecent pictures so I know for a fact I couldn't publish anything on the net that I wouldn't show to a stranger. I remember that thread where someone on here had found some pics someone else had put up of their children naked, you have to bear in mind what people might be like, and that freaks me out too much to risk!

My OH is like this. I have posted a few pics on here (which I conveniently forgot to tell him about) but not until she was about 4 months old or so - and I don't do it often.

He doesn't mind Facebook, but I am careful about who can view albums (just friends).

Another issue you and your OH may want to consider is other people's pics of your LO. I found it really hard after my LO was born that I couldn't control what happened to the thousands of pics people took of her in the first few weeks. For example, your sis-in-law might take 50 pics, she emails 12 to a cousin who emails them to 5 other people who may save one as a screensaver/email to someone else in Australia/text a photo to someone - you get the picture ('scuse the pum). I have had to relax about pics of my LO as I just can't control what happens to them all - digital photography has its drawbacks.

Valentine Xxx

valentine said:
Another issue you and your OH may want to consider is other people's pics of your LO. I found it really hard after my LO was born that I couldn't control what happened to the thousands of pics people took of her in the first few weeks. For example, your sis-in-law might take 50 pics, she emails 12 to a cousin who emails them to 5 other people who may save one as a screensaver/email to someone else in Australia/text a photo to someone - you get the picture ('scuse the pum). I have had to relax about pics of my LO as I just can't control what happens to them all - digital photography has its drawbacks.

Valentine Xxx

That's so true!

valentine said:
My OH is like this. I have posted a few pics on here (which I conveniently forgot to tell him about) but not until she was about 4 months old or so - and I don't do it often.

He doesn't mind Facebook, but I am careful about who can view albums (just friends).

Valentine Xxx

Our wedding photos are posted on the web by friends, as wll as our big holiday last year, for any one to use so I might use that as an argument :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back