• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Happy Due Date... To us! *Waters have broken* Advice Please

Baths ARE fine after your waters have broken as long as there's no meconium (green tinge to your waters) as that means the baby has pooed and thus infection is more likely.

My midwife-led unit told me on the phone after my waters had gone that I was fine to have either a bath OR a shower and the bath thing is an urban myth except in the above case. In the 'olden days' people didn't have showers. I then went on to give birth in a big bath too!

As it happens I was lucky not to have had a bath I wouldn't have had time :rotfl:

Congratulations to you both, Zoe and Dom xxxxx :hug:

CONGRATS!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

zoendom said:
Cheers Charlotte, have just banned her from having any more baths... good thinking ;)
good! hope i didn't sound like a bitch. my waters broke two days before labour, i would have loved a bath in that time!
not sure why you're not allowed though.

(edit: just googled it...)

While I have no problem with a patient showering after her membranes have ruptured, I don't think bathing is a good idea. It is true that bath water is not forced into the vagina, but it does enter and fill the vaginal canal passively. That enables bacteria from the bath water to get into the vagina, where they can begin an upward migration toward the baby. Without intact membranes for protection, the baby may potentially become infected, especially if labor is prolonged.

Congratulations!

I was actually encouraged by the midwife to have a bath when my waters went (mine also went 48 hours before I was finally induced) as sometimes it can start things off. The only thing they wouldn't let me do is use a hospital bath because of the infection risk.

Thanks everyone!

Just had to leave girls at Hospital, can't wait to get back there in the morning!

Dom x

Hey everyone!

Just to let you know we're home and loving being parents, and as a proud Daddy would like to show our baby girl off...

We are just trying to confirm a name for her...

DSC00100.jpg

Dom n Zoe

xx

Awww shes a little doll! Congratulations!!! :cheer:

Thanks to everyone that has left kind messages, both girls are doing really well...

We have named her Alexis Eloise Riddett. :dance:

Good luck to all that are ready to drop, it's soooo amazing!

Dom x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back