Happy pregnant ladie = happy baby?

nickilubs

Reaction score
:) was chatting to my boss today and she said she thinks I will have a really happy baby because Im a happy person also I have had a nice calm pregnancy....well not really calm because alot had happened during it but Im not a very grumpy person in general and have stayed very positive through out. Sooooo to all you happy mummys is your baby or child very happy like you and do you think they are reflected through how you were when you were pregnant?

I hope it doesn't work that way because if it did I'll give birth to a grumpy cynic, and I hope that should actually only start in puberty....

:rotfl: :rotfl: Oooooo you might of doomed yourself forever already lol!

Apparently that is the case. Pregnancy hormones sent me slightly bonkers and would giggle at everything! Now Angel has been content since the day she was born and is ALWAYS smiling! Slightly harder to get giggling but she will laugh at random things, like the Sugar Puffs advert!

I may just be odd but I was happy all the way through my pregnancy and I gave birth to a grump! He's just like his dad!

I had a really happy and calm pregnancy followed by a beautiful and fairly easy birth.

It was therefore a little surprise that LO was a little unsettled first. She cried quite a bit in the first few days and I found it difficult to console her. It wasn't colic or anything, but I suppose I somehow thought that she wouldn't cry that much. Now I think it was because my milk hasn't come yet.

She carried on crying - some days more, some days less. I remained calm, but was a little concerned if the crying was to carry on.

It didn't. At around four to six weeks her crying became less. These days she hardly cries, and if she does I normally know the reason (hungry, overtired, bored etc). She smiles at everyone and is overall a happy and calm baby on most days.

Therefore, yes my experience is that happy mummy can mean a happy baby.

I just wanted to tell you this so that if you baby cries after being born (all babies cry to various degrees!) you don't feel surprised or disappointed. Stay positive and hopefully your baby will become positive too :D

i think its true- i had an easy, happy pregnancy and in turn had a good-natured baby. shes a bugger now tho :wink: :lol:

My MIL swears by this. She reckons that she was happy with her son who was a "good" baby but miserable with her daughter who cried all the time. I personally reckon it was something to do wth the divorce she went through shortly after daughter was born :think: .

I had a very relaxed and easy pregnancy, and Oliver is generally a very content and laid back baby (apart from the colic at the start!) so I think it is true in part.. I guess the 'happy' hormones you release while pregnant can influence the baby.

Geeze Id better book my LO into rehab and get samaritans on speed dial now then :rotfl:

I had a wonderful pregnancy with DS and was very happy, he was placid and mild mannered.

Ill let you know in a few months if the trauma this PG has caused means I have a suicidal bubs

Oh dear....my LO is bound to be a worrier like her mum if that's true....we're going to make a right pair!!! :rotfl:

Not at all!
I was depressed through my pregnancy as my pregnancy was awful! I was house bound for 3 months :( I never felt well, from week 4 onwards :( But I have a happy, cheerful little girl. :cheer: :cheer: And now I'm happy too because I'm not pregnant anymore :dance: :dance:

I had stress at work during pregnancy and was miserable most of the time but Connie is a happy cheerful little soul.

She's been smiling and chatting at old people in Kirkby Lonsdale this morning.

I used to think this was true as with Isaac I was never more calm and happy and had a fantastic pregnancy, but then I could also bring in the induced/forceps delivery, I think there could be something in the way baby is born which can stay with them, Isaac is very happy now but when he was tiny he often had screaming sessions and seemed very unhappy when physically there was nothing wrong with him :( Also my friend was pregnant and seperating from her partner and under a hell of a lot of stress and her baby was so chilled, but she also had 2 other children so that could be a factor as Isaac was an only child so prolly more clingy/dependant :think: I don't think happy Mummy is the ONLY thing that makes a happy baby, thankfully :)

i think it depends how u are as a person in general, i was stressed in general with my second son and it really does show in him even now, but with my last especially i was much more relaxed and he is the same.
I am more relaxed with this one and hoping it comes out in baby but my husband is such a laid back person anyway i hope babs takes after him.

Think its rubbish tbh... However, I do believe that if its a difficult labour then that can effect the temperament of the baby in the early months... I had stressful times during both my pregnancies....my labour with Tia was a calm and collected affair as I had an epi, although the actual birth was quite traumatic for both of us... as for lil miss, it was a very stressful labour as I didn't have any pain relief but she kinda just fell out of me when the time came.. :rotfl:

Tia was a very highly strung baby and well is still quite highly strung, but seemed generally unsettled... but lil miss is incredibly placid.... in fact she popped out cried 2 times, stopped and opened her eyes to see the world and has been very calm ever since..

There is also a huge difference in personality... they weren't just different babies, they are very different individuals which I don't think is influenced by a happy pregnancy or easy labour for example, but just by their souls.

I'm not sure tbh, i was calm about the whole pregnancy thing throughout but had some major stress over baby daddy during the entire pregnancy.

When she was born i had had a very calm few weeks and i was ready to meet her and not at all scared of what was happening, wse had an easy birth and she didn't cry much when she came out, in fact she was12 hours old when i first heard her cry.

She's quite good now, doesn't cry as such but she gets worked up, like me, and will start with little moans then get annoyed and scream, she also winds herself up and can find it hard to latxch on.

I think it's probably more to do with having a father who doesnt give a shit about anything and a mother who tries to be calm but can lose the plot at times, she's just a funny mix of the two!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back