halloween

All of the above!!

Here Halloween is HUGE!! We have already decorated the garden - will try to get some pics on FIL's camera and post them later. I have 2 pumpkins - one huge that I still have to carve and one a bit smaller that you put coloured pegs in to decorate it with the light signing through - very pretty!

Plus we are going to be going out trick or treating round the neighbourhood!

Yayyyy!!! :dance:

SarahH said:
All of the above!!

Here Halloween is HUGE!! We have already decorated the garden - will try to get some pics on FIL's camera and post them later. I have 2 pumpkins - one huge that I still have to carve and one a bit smaller that you put coloured pegs in to decorate it with the light signing through - very pretty!

Are you still in Texas???

emma28 said:
SarahH said:
All of the above!!

Yeah I leave here on the 27th Dec, back in the UK on the 28th.

Im going trick or treating with the kids.
Abi going to be a cat
Tia going to be a witch
Jordans going to be a pumpkin
Haydens going to be staying indoors with daddy

leckershell said:
Halloween always reminds me of a party I helped to run when I was on work experience at a leisure centre in France. Decorations and halloween theme food everywhere and it was free :) Halloween seems to be a big thing in France..

We're not doing anything though. I got Ryan a babygrow with spiders on, but that's more for his scrapbook sake really, to show pictures of his first halloween even though we aren't doing anything lol

emilys gonna be my little pumpkin :D

We will be taking the kids trick or treating we have done it the last couple of years we just take them to the family and a couple of doors of people we know and they ask us thro the year if the are doing it again cos the love to see them :) and my son has his school disco.

i like halloween parties and also theres a nite called electric chair at the end of each month i like 2 go 2.

but cant do them this year as im bf'ing so may do what we did last year when i was pg- we went 2 this spooky area near where we live thats sorta remote and full of big boarded-up buildings- its EXACTLY like Silent Hill- very spoooooky and fun!

Well its a big pagan festival, Samhain... but this year will be subdued mainly due to my pregnancy. I usually make a load of things, cauldron cookies, pumkin pie.. I carve three or four different pumpkins... but it's quite exhausting and I usually start on the 30th preparing everything and the alter. This year I really don't think I'm up to it.

As I am finding it difficult to move around, there will probably be just one pumpkin as they can be exhausting to clear out and carve. We have robes that we wear rather than costumes, mine don't fit me this year, but Tia always sees herself as a witch anyway.

We don't go trick or treating mainly because that's not really the point of Samhain... its a Halloween thing, but the theory behind it is explained

We also say goodbye to everyone who has died this year, remember those who have died in the past, and ask protection for all our loved ones for the coming year. It's also a good time to think about bad habits or thoughts that make our lives difficult and we preform little rituals concerning that.

Its very much a family time of the year, like Christmas, but as it deals with our mortality and we celebrate our lives, the ones we love, it is deeply more emotive. And not a commercialized pressie in sight and Tia loves every second. :D

SarahH said:
emma28 said:
SarahH said:
All of the above!!

Yeah I leave here on the 27th Dec, back in the UK on the 28th.

Good good...I was quite suprised to think Aberdeen would be so into Halloween :D

i'm not doing anything. we never celebrate it - it's against our religion! :lol:

My sister has bought Ella the purple witches outfit from Matalan http://www.matalan.co.uk/pages/news/fea ... essentials as she has Halloween parties at two of her toddler groups the week of Halloween. We've got a pumpkin that I was going to put outside the house and we're going to have a little bucket of treats for the trick or treaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back