Hairdye

Kiranxxx

Reaction score
Hi All,

I heard somewhere that you shouldn't dye your hair, is this true? I'm 6 weeks and could do with colouring my hair.

Please advice. :?

Hi Doll,
People say you shouldn't dye your hair, but really it is because of the pregnancy hormones, the hair dye (with some people) doesn't take as well, and could look a little patchy.... I still have mine done, after finding this out from my hairdresser...i need it, soooooooooo many Grey now.... :oops: :shock: I hope this helps?
Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

I get highlights done and my hairdresser said that they were fine, you have to be careful with it on your scalp as this is where it is absorbed into your body, especially with peroxide.

I think as long as you get a professional to do it for you or are careful you will be fine.

I went to have my highlights done at 9 weeks and my stylist wouldn't do them. She said it's a big no-no before 12 weeks, so I came away with a lovely cut and blow-dry and dark roots!

There again, with my first pregnancy, I was completely oblivious to these worries, drank tea and coke, went skiing at 10 weeks, had my highlights done, didn't take folic acid until about 6 weeks as it was a surprise pregnancy... had a trouble-free pregnancy and my toddler is healthy as anything!

Ironically, was more careful with everything second time around, and have just had a miscarriage. At the end of the day, you know you're body, be sensible, but in the end, what will be will be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back