Hair dye?

I'm naturally.... *cough* blonde :roll: but I have brown eye and brown eye brows and quite frankly I look stupid with blonde hair... I always have... so since I left home I have dyed my hair any other colour but the gastly blonde colour that comes out of my scalp... About 6 years ago I settled on dark brown almost black, and I love it.. But... I get the most white blonde roots which I hate.

I did lots and lots of research in to hair dyes.. They say that there is no issue with dying your hair during pregnancy...although there has been some evidence to show that in certain hair dyes (mainly the dark ones :wall: ) that if used during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy can cause some fetal abnormalities, but as yet theres still not hard core evidence.

Obviously I felt that it would be better to avoid the darker hair colour for my pg for that reason and because there have been a few cases (as annaspanna said) where people have developed severe allergic reactions to their hair dye, whether salon or home kits... However, this is with the darker hair dyes again . :wall: :wall: :wall:

I couldn't get my hair stripped because the chemicals are too harsh and as I have been dying my blonde hair, dark brown for so long, the colour is embedded in to the hair...it either has to grow out or be stripped.

So I had them put some highlights :puke: blonde ones, to even out the difference between my blonde roots and dark tips... It looks ... ok :fib: but the minute the baby pops out I'm down that hairdressers and having it turned back to the way it should be... :x :x :x Would you believe my mum promised me my hair would go brown like my dad's when I got older... she lied... :x

i had mine dyed last week, my hairdressor says shes happy do to it as long as i have the skin test for 48 hours before and she used foil to keep dye away from scalp

yeh my hairdressere said big no no to me doing my own , she said cos of the hormones in ya body you may react different to how u have done before and this could even mean an allergic reaction , she was more worried about this then the dye getting into your blood stream . but was also happy to use foil , as this keeps it away from your scalp and away from live hair (folicals)

i may just bite the bullet and grow it all out , havent had none dyed hair since i was about 13 :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back