• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair dye?

Toxic_Angel

Reaction score
Is it safe for me to dye my hair? it needs doing sooo bad =[
Hasn't been done in about 8 month.

(don't know how true this is but..Ive heard recently that a woman died after having an alergic reaction to hair dye. She had aparently used this make many times but on this occasion somehow, she developed an alergy! My hair needs doing to but I think I'll leave it (just to be safe)
It's surprising how many products we can't use- cetain makes of insect repellant, stuff with aromatherapy oils in it and loads of others- always read the lables its shocking how many things are potentially harmful :shock:

I've been wondering the same thing, so called my hairdresser to get advice. They said they are happy to do foils, but not to use tints that are painted directly on the scalp.

Hope this helps.

I bought my usual dye a couple of weeks ago but haven't got around to using it yet. I'm sure it would be fine. I use Garnier Nutrisse (same colour as Davina) LOL

my hair dresser puts my dye on but leaves a little gap by the scalp. He wont use peroxide. The dyes and tints used in hairdressers often have a lower % (of what ever is bad) in it i got told.

I'm only going every 3-4months (which is killing me!!)

Foils, tints and dyes all have to open the hair folicle to work so all as bad as each other!! Just best to keep a little gap from the scalp.

The best thing to do is go to a good hair dressers and discuss it with them. x x x

i coloured my hair when i was about six weeks pregnant, i was fine, but they do say that your skin changes during pregnancy its better to do a skin test behind ur ear. most hairdressers wont colour your hair, if its gona touch the scalp, unless they've done a test. If they dont then they're highly stupid and liable for being sued if something goes wrong...did a yr at college doing hairdressing so picked up a few things :lol:

They say that the dye can go into your hair folicals and into your blood stream, exchanging to the baby. However, if you go somewhere like holland n barrets n get that herbal hair dye, that is suppose to be ok.

Normal hair dye maybe too strong for the baby. No use asking the hair dresser or shop assistant, the person you need to ask is your Midwife, after all, if smething happens, you can't take charges out on the hairdresser as they are not qualified to answer such a question.

It boils down to the responsibilty of you passing this via your midwife or Gyn/Obste.

I am still getting highlights- they don't touch your scalp

I've always done my hair in pregnancy, i think its fine, I always thought it was perms that you had to watch mainly cause of the change in hormones sometimes they didn't always 'take' properly.

I have seen a lot more people with reactions popping up in magazines though lately so if you are thinking of dying it make sure you do a proper patch test first and if it does get very stingy once applied to your head rinse it straight off.

Is it safe for me to dye my hair? it needs doing sooo bad =[
Hasn't been done in about 8 month.

(don't know how true this is but..Ive heard recently that a woman died after having an alergic reaction to hair dye. She had aparently used this make many times but on this occasion somehow, she developed an alergy! My hair needs doing to but I think I'll leave it (just to be safe)
It's surprising how many products we can't use- cetain makes of insect repellant, stuff with aromatherapy oils in it and loads of others- always read the lables its shocking how many things are potentially harmful :shock:

I've been wondering the same thing, so called my hairdresser to get advice. They said they are happy to do foils, but not to use tints that are painted directly on the scalp.

Hope this helps.

I bought my usual dye a couple of weeks ago but haven't got around to using it yet. I'm sure it would be fine. I use Garnier Nutrisse (same colour as Davina) LOL

my hair dresser puts my dye on but leaves a little gap by the scalp. He wont use peroxide. The dyes and tints used in hairdressers often have a lower % (of what ever is bad) in it i got told.

I'm only going every 3-4months (which is killing me!!)

Foils, tints and dyes all have to open the hair folicle to work so all as bad as each other!! Just best to keep a little gap from the scalp.

The best thing to do is go to a good hair dressers and discuss it with them. x x x

i coloured my hair when i was about six weeks pregnant, i was fine, but they do say that your skin changes during pregnancy its better to do a skin test behind ur ear. most hairdressers wont colour your hair, if its gona touch the scalp, unless they've done a test. If they dont then they're highly stupid and liable for being sued if something goes wrong...did a yr at college doing hairdressing so picked up a few things :lol:

They say that the dye can go into your hair folicals and into your blood stream, exchanging to the baby. However, if you go somewhere like holland n barrets n get that herbal hair dye, that is suppose to be ok.

Normal hair dye maybe too strong for the baby. No use asking the hair dresser or shop assistant, the person you need to ask is your Midwife, after all, if smething happens, you can't take charges out on the hairdresser as they are not qualified to answer such a question.

It boils down to the responsibilty of you passing this via your midwife or Gyn/Obste.

I am still getting highlights- they don't touch your scalp

I've always done my hair in pregnancy, i think its fine, I always thought it was perms that you had to watch mainly cause of the change in hormones sometimes they didn't always 'take' properly.

I have seen a lot more people with reactions popping up in magazines though lately so if you are thinking of dying it make sure you do a proper patch test first and if it does get very stingy once applied to your head rinse it straight off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back