• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair Dye

Bliss

Reaction score
I've taken a look online and am getting mixed info about this. Some say modern hair dye is ok to use, other say its ok but people still choose to wait past the first trimester before colouring their hair again.

Opinions please...how long do I need to suffer the grey roots? I feel crap enough with the sickness...without looking like crap too!

My midwife said hair dye was perfectly safe - best to do a patch test before, though, as the only issue is your skin and hair might react differently to your regular dye.

That being said, I've got an inch or so of hideous black roots - the thought of that smell alone! Yuck!

ive had my hair dyed twice and my hairdresser said there is no problem but then i only go a gingery colour (dont judge because i dye it ginger lol :p im very pale haha )

Not sure about bleach or anything like that.

xx

my MW has also said that home hair dyes are perfectly safe! i have one waiting to be put on which i think im going to do tonight, bit wary because i know during pregnancy they can react differently to normal so i may not be very blonde afterwards... but as long as the roots have dissapeared!!!

Glad theres this thread i was wondering the same as i have blonde highlights (to hide the grey) and have got serious roots haha im sure my hairdresser uses bleach tho :S so not sure x

i bleached and dyed mine in tri 1 and 2 because both midwife and hairdresser said it was fine!! the risk is it may not go the colour you want!! Mine is bright pink on purpose, so wasn't too worried! I will continue to bleach and dye mine!! Its fine!! xxxx

I lasted till 10 weeks and couldn't stand it no more! The smell is the worst bit in tri 1. Make sure you do a skin test and be prepared for your normal colour to be different or not work! The blue streaks don't work on my hair just now but the black seems to work fine, amazing the effects hormones have on your body!

I had the same thing with researching on t'internet. Decided not to colour my hair until Tri2. My roots are terrible. As mentioned in another thread My head resembles a badgers arse with white stripes down it. No way am I going to be a grey-haired granny giving birth.

I needed to get mine done in tri 1 as I am going to a wedding on Saturday and couldn't have my roots showing for that! I usually do it at home, but decided to get it done at the hairdresser this time, just in case anything goes wrong with the colour, or there is a reaction then the hairdresser will be able to fix it. Now I know it's all fine, I'll go back to doing it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariyadavis
Back