another dying hair question!

BumbleTumble

Reaction score
hello ladies! :wave:

i know there have been a few threads like this, but just wanted to be sure!

i have the swarzcopft live xxl hair dye

the red one, if that makes a difference.

would it be ok to use it?

im bored of blonde hair :(

I had my hair highlighted at 12 weeks and they used bleach and also some copper and she said it was fine x x

its not meant to touch your scalp as some hairdressers believe that it could get into your blood stream, its best to wait or get highlights done at the hair dressers instead?
i wouldn't risk it not worth it

Because of the hormone changes hair can react really strangely to shop bought dyes....and going from blonde to red you stand a good chance of looking like a pregnant candy floss lol. The live xxl is also very strong dye and can leave hair looking crap in my experience.....I had to go from waist length to chin length bob cos it fried my hair a few years ago :cry:. If you look on the box and leaflet theres more warnings than a nuclear missile lol

I would go to the hairdresser hunny xxxxxxxx

i always use live xxl black and have done so twice while i was preg. i did it around 8 weeks the first time and it turned out fine and hasnt hurt babs any that i can tell

ok, thanks ladies. :)

i may call my midwife, as it does have a hell of a lot of warnings on it!

im having a bit of an early mid-life crisis i think! dying hair, wanting weird piercings, dressing in my old 'goth' style
:rofl:

Last edited:
theres not been any evidence to suggest that hair dye is harmful as long as you follow the instructions but yeah if unsure ask the mw. no tattoos or piercings allowed while pg tho due to risk of blood bourne infection and the time it takes to heal doubles while preg. ive always been a goth kinda gal so i couldnt not dye my hair, dunno where id be without my dual coloured hair or black and purple outfits. just gutted i cant wear my corsets lol

I have carried on dying my hair, permanent not semi, and had no problems. I was told by 2 hairdressers (1 on here) that you shouldn't dye hair is a myth!

cool cool :)

im wearing my gothic lolita skirts while i still can!!! although they are getting a bit tight :cry:

i didnt know about no piercings! only no tattoos!
luckily, i havnt got any new ones, being constantly skint! lol

I rang NHS direct concerning hair dye a while back, think I was about 9-10 weeks pregnant. I got a call back saying that hair dye generally isn't toxic enough to damage a baby, but we should always be cautious. We dont absorb enough of it for it to damage the baby, so you will be completely fine! Although he did say that most hairdressers will recommend waiting til after the 12 week mark just to be on the safe side 100%.

I've dyed my hair quite a few times since this and been absolutely fine :)

i got a scaffold about a month or 2 before getting preg and it still flares up a bit now. it makes things healing time like double so its really not worth it lol. i had to remove my nipple piercings as they started being sore and getting crusty again like when they were first done and id had those well over a year. they have kinda closed up a lil now and might have to be repierced at a later date if i want them again lol.

I've had my hair dyed at the hairdressers while preg and I just bought some hair dye that im going to do some point this week. I miss my red hair! It should be find just ventilate the room and put vaseline around the hairline to stop the chemicals penetrating into the skin (its best to do this whether your preg or not!)

cool, thanks ladies :)

ive been trying to get hold of the MW all day, she never answers her phone and her mailbox is full ¬_¬

Bev, i got my scaffold quite recently too, and mine just randomly itches now.

i keep getting random rashes/pinprick spots in weird places, like my legs and accross shoulders.
wtf!!!??
lol

If you look on the box and leaflet theres more warnings than a nuclear missile lol
hahaha i love what you come out with!!

ive had my hair highlighted at 12ish weeks, 23 weeks and last week had it bleached all over to go a copper colour! no probs here, my hairdresser said its all aload of rubbish but everyone has differnt opinions! :) x

I'm just back from the hairdressers after getting my hair coloured. She said it's a myth and has never had problems with any of her pregnant clients.

My only hair problem is it looks like wire when it's normally really shiny and healthy. Baby is taking all my nutrients!!

My cousin is a hair dresser, and she said that the only reason for not dying your hair when pregnant is that due to the extra hormones in your system the composition of your hair changes, and the dye may not take as well.
She said that the amount of chemical absorbed is very tiny.
However, if you are concerned about skin contact, then getting foils in at the hairdressers reduces the amount of chemical contact to virtually nothing.
I personally haven't dyed my hair, but only because I'm trying to get rid of a darker dye so I can go blonde again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back