Hair Dye

EssJayPea

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Quick question; is hair dye safe during pregnancy (especially tri 1)?

My roots are coming through and I kind of want to go a bit darker and more natural but worried about the chemicals etc.

xxx

I had the same dilemma and was advised to have hi-lights instead as there is no contact with the skin, so I did x

i did an all over colour at home on new years eve and was fine but they do say to avoid it in tri 1, i was 17 weeks when i did mine x

Hi ! I used hair dye before I found out I was pregnant amd i habe a scalp colour! My scalp was alot more sensitive! I'm a hairdresser and all my hairdressing friends have said it's fine just the hormones may affect the colour hope that helps!

Vicki xx

I didn't dye my hair for the first 11 weeks as I wasn't sure but then I asked my mw and she says it was completely safe so I've carried on dying my hair throughout my pregnancy and baby has been ok xx

I have a full head of highlights, and my hairdresser says it's fine. You will be more sensitive with skin contact and like someone has already mentioned the colour may not be the same as usual :)

Some people like to wait until after tri 1. But I dyed my hair all throughout pregnancy and it was fine. My midwife told me it was okay too. The only thing I will say is that when I was pregnant the colour didn't take as well :/ x

My midwife told me not to in tri 1 because there is not enough research been done on it but it was proberbly safe bit conflicting really. I waited until tri 2 x

Ive done mine twice in TRI 3 spoke to midwife and she said its fine to do just check the advise on the box as some state doing use during pregnancy. I asked the chemist in Boots and they said they advise not to just in case but as I said midwife said its fine and ive gone from blonde to a redhead! XX

I'd be gutted if I got my hair done, and it came out a funny colour! Didnt realise hormones could affect it!

Hiya girlies I'm a qualified hairdresser and the reason why they tell pregnant women not to dye their hair is not becuase of the chemicals it is becuase of the hormone levels ... Your hormone levels change every three months when not pregnant that's why on home kits they always ask you to do a test before use ... So when pregnant these hormone chnages are more frequent and not only could it lead to an allergic reaction it can also have an affect on the colour its going to turn out to be such as you may find it could go green ... These cases are very rare so you'll be alryt to die your hair just follow precautions xx

Thanks everyone - think I'll ask the Hairdresser to dye it dark again so I won't have any roots to contend with. Fx it's not dark green I go lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back